Schmoe wrote:
Ok, Y12, why don't you give us all of QB's PER vs BYU and overall instead of giving us tired rhetoric about things that happened last year.
I think you are missing my point. This isn't about the stats.
How do you feel about a bunch of freshmen quarterbacks playing so well against BYU?
I find it alarming, especially after we saw Jake struggle so much last year.
HOw do you feel about our players commiting pass interference on 3rd downs?
That doesn't show up on the stats sheets, but it keeps drives alive and can lead to points.
HOw do you feel about other teams converting 3rd down with passing plays, while BYU could rarely do it until Nelson become QB?
This is one reason why I think the PER formula should be adjusted to add bonus points for 3rd down conversions. Not all 6 yard passes are equal. A six yard pass on 3rd and 8 or a 6 yard pass on 3rd and 4, which do you want? Well, BYU's opponents are getting the latter far to frequently for my comfort.