Archived Topic

What I'd like to see Saturday

by AmmonCougar1 · 10/19/2011

Advertisement
A
AmmonCougar1
Call me stupid but just to satisfy my curiosity I'd like to see something resembling the following:



1st Quarter--

1st Team offense led by Riley--whole time--2 TD drives

1st Team Defense whole qtr--1 or 2 TO's--possible defensive score



End 1st 21-0



2nd Qtr--

1st Team offense led by Lark or Munns (whoever is next on depth of the two) 1-2 scoring drives

2nd Team Defense whole qtr



End 2nd 31-0



3rd Qtr--

1st Team Offense led by Lark or Munns (obviously opposite of 2nd Qtr QB) 1-2 scoring drives

1st Team Defense (help with field position for new QB)



End 3rd 41-0



4th Qtr--

Clear the bench for Offense led by Heaps at QB. Still throw the ball some and let Heaps feel a little pocket pressure and hopefully develop some pocket presence. 1-2 scoring drives

Clear the bench for Defense.



End game 55-7



I know much of what I wrote is unrealistic given depth charts but I really think it's fair to give Lark & Munns a full quarter with the 1st stringers at all other offensive positions so you can better compare 'apples to apples' and see how they would do, albeit against a lesser opponent.



Go Cougs!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
C
Cougarbib
Have Jake run a QB draw on every play and I am OK with this. ;)



More seriously - BYU needs to use this game to develop Lark and Munns. Reps in this game will not help Jake at all. If Jake is to get any reps this season, they should be meaningful reps coming in because he is needed - If Riley struggles or gets injured. In that situation - I think you have to give Jake first shot because the other two are not ready or proven to be ready. Jake at least has shown that at times he is ready.



But in junk time - Play the two guys that have quite patiently waited for any opportunity whatsoever to get on the field. If Munns is not ready. Give Lark 2 quarters.
I
Isola
I don't think I want it starting in the second quarter, but I would like to see Lark or Munns taking snaps and making throws.
G
golong
I'm not convinced we'll see it play out this way, but I do think we'll see a lot of running backs (since we have a lot of them) in this game.



Nelson will play 2.5 quarters, then Lark will see some playing time, maybe Munns (not sure what staff is doing with him).



I'd like to see Alisa and JJ both have 100 yds rushing in the first half, then rested.



Our Dline could also be rested, and let the walking wounded heal for TCU.
B
BroncoBot
If it's a blowout, I think Heaps is going to see significant time.
Advertisement
S
scott715
Riley will need some rest before playing TCU on Friday.
C
cougman
golong wrote:
I'm not convinced we'll see it play out this way, but I do think we'll see a lot of running backs (since we have a lot of them) in this game.



Nelson will play 2.5 quarters, then Lark will see some playing time, maybe Munns (not sure what staff is doing with him).



I'd like to see Alisa and JJ both have 100 yds rushing in the first half, then rested.



Our Dline could also be rested, and let the walking wounded heal for TCU.


That's a great question, what is the staff doing with Munns? I'm dying to see him in real game scenarios. He and Kellen Moore killed it in high school and were considered the best from washington state 4 years ago. Moore turned out ok.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
L
Lawboy
If Lark or Munns hits the field before Heaps, would pretty much guarantee a transfer. If I were Jake and that happened, I would because it shows lack of belief by the coaches to demote you to 3rd or 4th string. Also means that coaches blame all early season struggles squarely on Jake, which is unfair as well.



FIrst QB in after Riley will be Jake, or something big is going down.
G
Gunk
declocoug wrote:
If it's a blowout, I think Heaps is going to see significant time.


Yep. I would actually like to see Heaps play a bit to see if he's improved any.
S
SpiffCoug
Riley still needs plenty of reps. This will still only be his third start where he is the sole starter. Riley should get at least the first half and a drive or two in the third quarter.



Jake should get some reps (one or two drives) and be allowed to run the entire offense. But coaches should feel very confident that he will succeed. The last thing Jake's confidence needs is to watch Riley score 45 points and then come in and struggle. I think Jake should and will play well.



Lark should get some reps (one or two drives) and be allowed to run the entire offense.
Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
What I'd like to see... A freaking blowout victory against a super bad team, for once!!!
S
SpiffCoug
BlueIsBetter wrote:
What I'd like to see... A freaking blowout victory against a super bad team, for once!!!

+13

+42

+2

+44

+3
G
Guest
SpiffCoug wrote:
What I'd like to see... A freaking blowout victory against a super bad team, for once!!!

+13

+42

+2

+44

+3

+ :lol:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.