Archived Topic

Idaho State predictions

by vancouvercougar · 10/18/2011

Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar
I predict 56 to 6 BYU wins



I predict a defensive score



I predict a special teams score



I predict 300 yards rushing



I predict 285 yards passing
C
Cougarpoke
Hmmmmm. Bronco isn't into running up the score too much, which I miss. That is one thing Crowton would do, run up the score to like 75 to nothing. Bronco is too nice. However, I would predict about 50-60 range for BYU. I see ISU scoring once or twice, getting a couple of big plays from their receiver. It will be a blow out. BYU is going to do some stuff that they haven't been able to do yet. Will be interesting to watch if Heaps gets into the game.
D
Dcr36
27-24 ISU. WRITE IT DOWN
T
TBurg Coug
What are you on man? There is no way ISU beats us. They are one of the worst FCS teams. 63-3 BYU



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mingjai
Dcr36 wrote:
27-24 ISU. WRITE IT DOWN


Duly noted.



Anytime you claim to be a BYU fan, we'll never let you forget that you picked ISU to beat BYU. I can understand a BYU fan predicting Texas, Oregon State, or even Utah to beat BYU, but ISU?
Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar
I further predict that both Heaps and Lark will play in the 2nd half.
S
scott715
I predict BYU wins and DCR36 leaves the site.
D
Dcr36
scott715 wrote:
I predict BYU wins and DCR36 leaves the site.


Not if Pocatello's finest have anything to say.



(C'mon, man. I'm not stupid. Our practice squad could win this game.)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
Dcr36, you must be a new guy. A couple of years ago we use to have a user named Airwolf84. Every week he would predict that we would lose. Nearly ever week he was wrong. Finally he left, couldn't take be wrong any more. I suspect he is on rumorboard now.
D
Dcr36
scott715 wrote:
Dcr36, you must be a new guy. A couple of years ago we use to have a user named Airwolf84. Every week he would predict that we would lose. Nearly ever week he was wrong. Finally he left, couldn't take be wrong any more. I suspect he is on rumorboard now.


I remember a few of his aliases. I was around for the dying days of CougarBlue. I didn't remember his bad predictions, though. Just his other trollings.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I like that Bronco has said that this week isn't entirely about Idaho St. The team will spend some days prepping for TCU.
D
DarthMagnus
SpiffCoug wrote:
I like that Bronco has said that this week isn't entirely about Idaho St. The team will spend some days prepping for TCU.


Wow! I'm very glad to hear that as well. Honestly, we could send out the JV team and probably come away with a big victory. Would have been a poor use of valuable time to spend the whole week preparing for a team that might not even compete for a high school state championship.
S
SpiffCoug
DarthMagnus wrote:
I like that Bronco has said that this week isn't entirely about Idaho St. The team will spend some days prepping for TCU.


Wow! I'm very glad to hear that as well. Honestly, we could send out the JV team and probably come away with a big victory. Would have been a poor use of valuable time to spend the whole week preparing for a team that might not even compete for a high school state championship.

Actually, it looks like I read the quote wrong. There was a tweet by Jay Drew:
Mendenhall said there's no chance that the Cougars will look past ISU a bit this week and get in some preparation for TCU.

I didn't see/read the no. I thought it said there was a chance.



I really hope what Bronco tells the media and fans isn't what he's telling the team and coaches. There is no need/reason to put a full week of prep in for Idaho St. As was mentioned in other threads, this is a great week to throw some stuff in the game plan to make TCU prepare for, even if you don't plan on running it next week.
H
HoosierCougar
I predict that I will watch the 1st half and that BYU will be up handily, thus leaving me content to DVR the rest and go to Priesthood Leadership session of Stake Conf.



I also predict I'll watch the second half when I get back and find that Nelson doesn't take all the 2nd half snaps. I'll be really happy when I go to the adult session of conf that evening.
B
birdie702
SpiffCoug wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
I like that Bronco has said that this week isn't entirely about Idaho St. The team will spend some days prepping for TCU.


Wow! I'm very glad to hear that as well. Honestly, we could send out the JV team and probably come away with a big victory. Would have been a poor use of valuable time to spend the whole week preparing for a team that might not even compete for a high school state championship.

Actually, it looks like I read the quote wrong. There was a tweet by Jay Drew:
Mendenhall said there's no chance that the Cougars will look past ISU a bit this week and get in some preparation for TCU.

I didn't see/read the no. I thought it said there was a chance.



I really hope what Bronco tells the media and fans isn't what he's telling the team and coaches. There is no need/reason to put a full week of prep in for Idaho St. As was mentioned in other threads, this is a great week to throw some stuff in the game plan to make TCU prepare for, even if you don't plan on running it next week.


The last thing we want is to look ahead to TCU and not prep for a ISU. Remember Appalachian State vs Michigan? We don't want that!
Advertisement
D
Dcr36
birdie702 wrote:
DarthMagnus wrote:
I like that Bronco has said that this week isn't entirely about Idaho St. The team will spend some days prepping for TCU.


Wow! I'm very glad to hear that as well. Honestly, we could send out the JV team and probably come away with a big victory. Would have been a poor use of valuable time to spend the whole week preparing for a team that might not even compete for a high school state championship.

Actually, it looks like I read the quote wrong. There was a tweet by Jay Drew:
Mendenhall said there's no chance that the Cougars will look past ISU a bit this week and get in some preparation for TCU.

I didn't see/read the no. I thought it said there was a chance.



I really hope what Bronco tells the media and fans isn't what he's telling the team and coaches. There is no need/reason to put a full week of prep in for Idaho St. As was mentioned in other threads, this is a great week to throw some stuff in the game plan to make TCU prepare for, even if you don't plan on running it next week.


The last thing we want is to look ahead to TCU and not prep for a ISU. Remember Appalachian State vs Michigan? We don't want that!


App. State was legit that year. Won the FCS or something.



I don't know if ISU has an FCS win this year. I think their two win were vs. D-II foes.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
birdie702
Dcr36 wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
I like that Bronco has said that this week isn't entirely about Idaho St. The team will spend some days prepping for TCU.


Wow! I'm very glad to hear that as well. Honestly, we could send out the JV team and probably come away with a big victory. Would have been a poor use of valuable time to spend the whole week preparing for a team that might not even compete for a high school state championship.

Actually, it looks like I read the quote wrong. There was a tweet by Jay Drew:
Mendenhall said there's no chance that the Cougars will look past ISU a bit this week and get in some preparation for TCU.

I didn't see/read the no. I thought it said there was a chance.



I really hope what Bronco tells the media and fans isn't what he's telling the team and coaches. There is no need/reason to put a full week of prep in for Idaho St. As was mentioned in other threads, this is a great week to throw some stuff in the game plan to make TCU prepare for, even if you don't plan on running it next week.


The last thing we want is to look ahead to TCU and not prep for a ISU. Remember Appalachian State vs Michigan? We don't want that!


App. State was legit that year. Won the FCS or something.



I don't know if ISU has an FCS win this year. I think their two win were vs. D-II foes.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


You're right, but I learned in boxing and rugby that you never underestimate your next opponent regardless of record/stats.
C
Cougarfan87
While not overlooking ISU, Bronco is in a sense, preparing for TCU. If I remember correctly, he did state that they are not really gameplanning for ISU but are working on self improvement. That means the team is working on executing better, not worrying much about what ISU will do. But they are not focusing on TCU. Working on team weaknesses instead of focusing on ISU will pay dividends when we play TCU.
C
Cougarfan87
Forgot my prediction. My prediction is lots of pain for the second consecutive Halloween team we play this year. I predict Nelson plays one series in the third, Heaps gets the rest of the 3rd, and Lark comes in for the fourth. I also predict Heaps and Lark will mostly be handing off the ball because Bronco will NOT run up the score. Final score 52-13 (two field goals and a TD in garbage time).
G
Guest
The Ansah finally gets a sack?
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.