Archived Topic

A nickname for Van Noy

by Y12 · 10/18/2011

Advertisement
W
Wickchad
Van Noy said on the radio that the team has given him multiple nicknames but the most used one was "The Inmate".
B
Ball4
Wickchad84087 wrote:
Van Noy said on the radio that the team has given him multiple nicknames but the most used one was "The Inmate".


I disagree with "The Inmate"...he's the only one who seems to break free. I thinks "Shawshank" is better. At least he got out!
A
AmmonCougar1
Y12 wrote:
KVN is proving he is the real deal. He is also a fan favorite. Guys like him deserve a great nickname.



http://www.bluecougarfootball.com/2011/10/nickname-for-kyle-van-noy.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


I think the highest compliment a player can have is when they are known only by their name, ie. Jimmer, Jordan, Elway, McMahon, Detmer, etc. I personally like VanNoy.



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
S
stuckinbig10country
He's already got one: KVN. If you see KVN, you know who it is.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
The Real VanNoy (real McCoy)
M
Mingjai
The Flying Dutchman
C
Cougarbib
Pizza? I heard it is still available and VanNoy has that regular working guy kind of image. Everybody likes food names.



The VanNoyster - Oyster



Van Noise - Noise



my favorite "PILE" VanNoise



But food works best



The Oyster
R
redneckjedi
Mingjai wrote:
The Flying Dutchman


This is awesome. Somebody get Wrubell on the phone and make this happen.
Y
Y12
stuckinbig10country wrote:
He's already got one: KVN. If you see KVN, you know who it is.


I was thinking more along the lines of a nickname that can be used to promote him, which BYU should start doing next year, for the Butkus Award.



KVN and Inmate don't fit for that.
Advertisement
M
Mingjai
redneckjedi wrote:
The Flying Dutchman


This is awesome. Somebody get Wrubell on the phone and make this happen.


I guess we're assuming that the surname Van Noy is of Dutch origin, though it probably is.
R
redneckjedi
Mingjai wrote:
Mingjai wrote:
The Flying Dutchman


This is awesome. Somebody get Wrubell on the phone and make this happen.


I guess we're assuming that the surname Van Noy is of Dutch origin, though it probably is.


I mean, at some point it had to be, right?



Searching around real quick shows he's even got a coat of arms to use if he wants it:



http://www.houseofnames.com/vannoy-family-crest" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
C
Cougarbib
Pick
G
Gunk
I like Van Noy. It's fun to say and original.



The crowd can yell, "Vaaaaan Noyyy!" or "You got VanNoyed!"



As an added bonus, you don't have to embark on any sort of media campaign to instill the nickname in fans. Just start yelling it at games. and everyone will know who you're talking about.
A
ABYUFAN
He's Mormon right, it's BYU right, we've got to go with the obvious:



"Mini" Van Noy ;)
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Gunk wrote:
I like Van Noy. It's fun to say and original.



The crowd can yell, "Vaaaaan Noyyy!" or "You got VanNoyed!"



As an added bonus, you don't have to embark on any sort of media campaign to instill the nickname in fans. Just start yelling it at games. and everyone will know who you're talking about.


Avoid the Van Noid??



http://3putt.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/noid.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
snoscythe wrote:
I like Van Noy. It's fun to say and original.



The crowd can yell, "Vaaaaan Noyyy!" or "You got VanNoyed!"



As an added bonus, you don't have to embark on any sort of media campaign to instill the nickname in fans. Just start yelling it at games. and everyone will know who you're talking about.


Avoid the Van Noid??



http://3putt.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/noid.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


This is exactly what came to mind when I read Gunk's post, but you had to beat me to the punch! :lol: Avoid Van Noid, he ruins quarterbacks!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.