Archived Topic

Midseason MVP

by Cougarpoke · 10/18/2011

Advertisement
C
Cougarpoke
I was watching True Blue last night and realized we are pretty much halfway done with the season. It has been a very up and down season, that is for sure. Anyway, I was thinking of who our midseason MVPs would be. In my opinion offensive MVPwould be Cody Hoffman. He has been good in the offense and been a spark on special teams. Honorable mention would be Nelson, but that is based on the last two and half games and not the entire season. Defense would be Van Noy, the man is impressive and dominant. Wish he could do more. Honorable mention would be 'Tree. He's been consistent and tough.
F
frdbtr
Cougarpoke wrote:
I was watching True Blue last night and realized we are pretty much halfway done with the season. It has been a very up and down season, that is for sure. Anyway, I was thinking of who our midseason MVPs would be. In my opinion offensive MVPwould be Cody Hoffman. He has been good in the offense and been a spark on special teams. Honorable mention would be Nelson, but that is based on the last two and half games and not the entire season. Defense would be Van Noy, the man is impressive and dominant. Wish he could do more. Honorable mention would be 'Tree. He's been consistent and tough.


Since "MVP" stands for "Most Valuable player" there is only 1 guy that can be given that award and that is Nelson. Without him we are 2-5 right now instead of 5-2.
C
CougarClaw
frdbtr wrote:



Since "MVP" stands for "Most Valuable player" there is only 1 guy that can be given that award and that is Nelson. Without him we are 2-5 right now instead of 5-2.


My thoughts exactly. I think I even saw someone asking what happened to Hoffman at the beginning of the year. With Apo and Heaps on the field, he wasn't even getting looked at.
S
Schmoe
I think I'd say KVN, he's done too much on defense every game all season not to be the guy.
J
jonnylingo
Schmoe wrote:
I think I'd say KVN, he's done too much on defense every game all season not to be the guy.


Word. Think if he wasn't on the team. Would our record be different. Probably.
Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar
Schmoe wrote:
I think I'd say KVN, he's done too much on defense every game all season not to be the guy.


KVN has played well in every game so far. He is my first choice.
G
Guest
Someone should make this a poll and nominate 10 players.
C
Cougarbib
frdbtr wrote:
I was watching True Blue last night and realized we are pretty much halfway done with the season. It has been a very up and down season, that is for sure. Anyway, I was thinking of who our midseason MVPs would be. In my opinion offensive MVPwould be Cody Hoffman. He has been good in the offense and been a spark on special teams. Honorable mention would be Nelson, but that is based on the last two and half games and not the entire season. Defense would be Van Noy, the man is impressive and dominant. Wish he could do more. Honorable mention would be 'Tree. He's been consistent and tough.


Since "MVP" stands for "Most Valuable player" there is only 1 guy that can be given that award and that is Nelson. Without him we are 2-5 right now instead of 5-2.


This. A loss to USU wouldhave destroyed the program as it would be 4th straight loss ot in-satte rivals. Riley saved the USU game, the season, and the program that Friday night.
F
frdbtr
Since the poll allowed for offensive, defensive, and special teams MVP's I was able to include hoffman and KVN in mine but Like I said MVP means "most valuable player" and KVN was playing on defense against USU when we were down 21-13 and the game getting away from us. Riley Nelson is the player that ignited our team and has us at 5-2 right now. Hoff and KVN have both won us games with their special teams and defensive plays but Riley has ignited the entire offense and is making everyone around him better.....MVP.
Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
frdbtr wrote:
I was watching True Blue last night and realized we are pretty much halfway done with the season. It has been a very up and down season, that is for sure. Anyway, I was thinking of who our midseason MVPs would be. In my opinion offensive MVPwould be Cody Hoffman. He has been good in the offense and been a spark on special teams. Honorable mention would be Nelson, but that is based on the last two and half games and not the entire season. Defense would be Van Noy, the man is impressive and dominant. Wish he could do more. Honorable mention would be 'Tree. He's been consistent and tough.


Since "MVP" stands for "Most Valuable player" there is only 1 guy that can be given that award and that is Nelson. Without him we are 2-5 right now instead of 5-2.


Calling BS on the record being 2-5 with Heaps. Heaps beats SJSU at least. I can make as good of a case for Alisa being the difference in SJSU and OSU as I can for Nelson.



Nelson could very well be the MVP right now, but at least be reasonable when throwing out something like this as the marker.
F
frdbtr
stuckinbig10country wrote:
Cougarpoke wrote:
I was watching True Blue last night and realized we are pretty much halfway done with the season. It has been a very up and down season, that is for sure. Anyway, I was thinking of who our midseason MVPs would be. In my opinion offensive MVPwould be Cody Hoffman. He has been good in the offense and been a spark on special teams. Honorable mention would be Nelson, but that is based on the last two and half games and not the entire season. Defense would be Van Noy, the man is impressive and dominant. Wish he could do more. Honorable mention would be 'Tree. He's been consistent and tough.


Since "MVP" stands for "Most Valuable player" there is only 1 guy that can be given that award and that is Nelson. Without him we are 2-5 right now instead of 5-2.


Calling BS on the record being 2-5 with Heaps. Heaps beats SJSU at least. I can make as good of a case for Alisa being the difference in SJSU and OSU as I can for Nelson.



Nelson could very well be the MVP right now, but at least be reasonable when throwing out something like this as the marker.


Call BS all you want but if Heaps comes out and throws up a passer efficiency rating of below 100 again against SJSU like he did against USU, we lose that game.
L
Lawboy
Kyle Van Noy is my MVP. The kid is a playmaker on D. Amazing talent and ability.
M
mizzoucoug
It's Nelson and there is no doubt about it. KVN comes in a close 2nd for winning the game vs. Ole Miss.
Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
mizzoucoug wrote:
It's Nelson and there is no doubt about it. KVN comes in a close 2nd for winning the game vs. Ole Miss.


I think it's KVN with Nelson being a close second. KVN made the play to win the Ole' Miss game. He made 3 great plays to seal the UCF game. He made the game changing play against OSU (BYU could have trailed that game 21-7 at half without his interception).



The best part of this team has been the defense all year, and he has been the best player on the defense all year. I think it has to be him.
D
Dcr36
stuckinbig10country wrote:
It's Nelson and there is no doubt about it. KVN comes in a close 2nd for winning the game vs. Ole Miss.


I think it's KVN with Nelson being a close second. KVN made the play to win the Ole' Miss game. He made 3 great plays to seal the UCF game. He made the game changing play against OSU (BYU could have trailed that game 21-7 at half without his interception).



The best part of this team has been the defense all year, and he has been the best player on the defense all year. I think it has to be him.


I was thinking Nelson, but thinking about it in this light you're absolutely right. KVN has been a big factor in most of our W's. I do think BYU would be 3-4 without Riley Nelson, but BYU could've opened 0-4 without KVN.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.