P
pjmuliFriends, I stand corrected on Riley Nelson. What has transpired on the field speaks for itself.
He can make the needed throws. His arm and accuracy is better than I expected.
That being said, there are some plays that he just is not capable of doing at a high level...the pick six on the out is an example...but all in all, that doesn't really matter when the offense methodically moves down the field.
Is it lesser competition? Of course...but I am not sure that really matters. I still have my reservations, but those reservations have yet to manifest themselves in three games of play.
Thus far, bottling up Nelson is more than just a simple defensive adjustment because he is making great reads and delivering the ball well.
So I stand corrected.
He can make the needed throws. His arm and accuracy is better than I expected.
That being said, there are some plays that he just is not capable of doing at a high level...the pick six on the out is an example...but all in all, that doesn't really matter when the offense methodically moves down the field.
Is it lesser competition? Of course...but I am not sure that really matters. I still have my reservations, but those reservations have yet to manifest themselves in three games of play.
Thus far, bottling up Nelson is more than just a simple defensive adjustment because he is making great reads and delivering the ball well.
So I stand corrected.

