Archived Topic

OSU fans

by vancouvercougar · 10/16/2011

Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar
We were very well treated by the OSU fans both before and after the game. The fans wear their orange with pride and do a great job of supporting the team without dissing the opponents.



My son and I were walking outside the stadium and came near some tailgaters. They asked how we like the game and how we were treated by the other beaver fans. One of the ladies in the group directs the OSU sports TV shows. She was all gaga over the BYU tv HD video truck. she showed us the OSU video truck and it was large van. She said she would love to work for BYU. Said "I don't smoke or drink, so I'd fit right in. I told her "if that's the case we should baptize you today." The family offer my son and I some of the deseret from their tailgating.



As we were leaving the tailgate group, several other Beaver fans said "thanks for comming."
C
CAFB_04-12
That's good to hear. I understand that the Oregon v Oregon St game can get pretty brutal.
G
golong
Can the Utah fans be sent to Corvallis for lessons? or to South Bend? and a lot of other places where the fans are just very good, decent people who don't become demonic because it's BYU.
V
vancouvercougar
golong wrote:
Can the Utah fans be sent to Corvallis for lessons? or to South Bend? and a lot of other places where the fans are just very good, decent people who don't become demonic because it's BYU.


It wouldn't work. You have to have class to show class, and I'm not sure you can teach it.
J
jojoelchango
the fans by me were great, we talked some light trash back and forth but all good natured... got some congrats as we left and walked to the car.



I also spotted Jimmer on the field before the game and pointed him out to my wife, when the OSU fans heard they started asking about the Jimmer, where he was drafted, etc etc...



good experience
Advertisement
Y
Y4LYFE
I can only draw from LV Bowl in 2009, but before the game we saw Beaver fans all over and never really noticed us, but after the game and for the next day everywhere in LV they were opening doors, telling us we should be paying for their buffets, etc. During the game they were all really nice, they only had 1 or 2 cheers the entire first 3Qs so they were gone a lot to hide from the cold and blowout.



It was the first time I realized not EVERY opponent BYU plays have to be A-holes (talking to you MWC)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.