Archived Topic

wives and the remote

by trueblue72 · 10/16/2011

Advertisement
T
trueblue72
So why is it that when I want to watch the replay my wife has the Damn remote and is watching a stupid movie? My tv is being watched by the kids, any idea of how to fix this situation without divorce? Don't they understand and I need to watch and critique the game so I can make valuable contributions on CC this week.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Ddawg
Yes - get the book "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands." $16.00 @ Amazon.com.

Actually - it's pretty good. My wife & I have read it together, laughed, and learned, and it helped.
D
DarthMagnus
Short of divorce...nope. I don't have anything for you there.
B
BYUgeezer
The replay is on your computer. Just login for a free account on byutv.
M
mizzoucoug
justin.tv is could be your new wife.
Advertisement
T
trueblue72
Logged in and now watching. They should know that during football season the remote belongs to the man.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
Get another TV?
T
trueblue72
The one she's watching in the only hd tv we've got.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
CougarPeasant
can't you use PIP???
C
Cougarbib
Send her to the Spa for sauna, steam room, massage, pedicure, manicure, and to get her hair done - if she gets home in the 4th quarter send her to the mall to get a new dress.



;)



I lucked out. I was on the mainland two weeks covering three weekends Because she wanted me to add stops to check on the boys at BYU and our kids in California to my business trip. I had to crawl in the mud in the crawl space and other honey dos while alone at our ranch - but I was on her errand - sort of. The day I got back, she went to No. Cal to be with her 93 year-old mother while her brother vacationed and that has covered two more weekends.



Next weekend is my 30th anniversary - Friday night - and she will be expecting a weekend investment - I could not have scheduled this sort of bye week game any better unless it was an actual bye week. She will probably let me watch it once on BYU TV if I do not watch anything else all weekend. And if push comes to shove - CBS Sportsline can keep me updated on the score on my cell phone.



A little extreme - but it worked. I bought her a ticket for the UH game. She would probably prefer I invite a friend to go with me and use the ticket mobey to send her to the spa - but I am going to shame her in to going.
Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
Two more options:



1) DVR it and watch it when the kids are in bed.



2) Tell you wife to let the laundry build up for a couple of days and then do laundry while you watch the game. I started that a few years ago and now my wife can't wait for football season.
C
Cougs_Rule
Man-Cave!!
T
trueblue72
dmcougar wrote:
Man-Cave!!


You front the money and its done. I won't need as much since someone I know has about 100" screen with a hd projector. I'll just steal it from him.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
Helps to have a kids-cave too. :-)

Man-Cave!
1
1967cougar
The laundry thing works for me. Washer, dryer, TV - all downstairs. It's my three hours of solitude.
Advertisement
S
scott715
How about Caveman, club and all. BAM BAM
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.