Archived Topic

One win to bowl eligibility!

by carwasher3000 · 10/16/2011

Advertisement
C
carwasher3000
One win left to bowl eligibility! I'm soooooo glad that this is not going to be a worry like it was last year.
D
Dcr36
Yeah, that sucked.



Funny how it felt like this season was a repeat of last season, yet we're 5-2 this year and we were 2-5 last year at the same point.
S
superchargedcougar
we'll probably have half as many losses this year. That's a nice improvement
J
jvquarterback
The bowl game could be 10-2 BYU vs 12-1 Houston or 11-2 Southern Miss or SMU. Could also be 6-6 UCF but it could be a great matchup.
M
Mingjai
carwasher3000 wrote:
One win left to bowl eligibility! I'm soooooo glad that this is not going to be a worry like it was last year.


Hope you didn't just jinx BYU...
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
Dcr36 wrote:
Yeah, that sucked.



Funny how it felt like this season was a repeat of last season, yet we're 5-2 this year and we were 2-5 last year at the same point.


Isn't that wierd. This season really lacks any excitement. I think not being in a conference takes a little of the excitement away.
B
BYUBALLIN
it lacks excitement becuase we lossed a game so no bcs and we are going to armed forces bowl ooooooooo joy....i dont think it has anything to do with being in a conf or not...
J
jonnylingo
BYUBALLIN wrote:
it lacks excitement becuase we lossed a game so no bcs and we are going to armed forces bowl ooooooooo joy....i dont think it has anything to do with being in a conf or not...


I disagree. same facts last year and we are still playing for a bowl better than armed forces and we still have a shot at a conference championship. we also would still be ineligible for a bcs bowl.
C
Cougarbib
I get excited every week now. Enjoy the games 1 at a time. Everyone has been wanting to skip SJSU, OSU, ISU and go straight to TCU then skip to Hawaii or Bowl.



This season is more than half gone. Enjoy ech game. They are fun again.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
superchargedcougar
Cougarbib2 wrote:
I get excited every week now. Enjoy the games 1 at a time. Everyone has been wanting to skip SJSU, OSU, ISU and go straight to TCU then skip to Hawaii or Bowl.



This season is more than half gone. Enjoy ech game. They are fun again.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Yea they are fun again. A whole lot more fun than the :utard: game
Advertisement
I
IowaCougar
BYUBALLIN wrote:
it lacks excitement becuase we lossed a game so no bcs and we are going to armed forces bowl ooooooooo joy....i dont think it has anything to do with being in a conf or not...


We "lossed" a game? :skeptic: :sulk:
D
Dcr36
jonnylingo wrote:
Yeah, that sucked.



Funny how it felt like this season was a repeat of last season, yet we're 5-2 this year and we were 2-5 last year at the same point.


Isn't that wierd. This season really lacks any excitement. I think not being in a conference takes a little of the excitement away.


I've enjoyed the season fine. I was just noting that the offensive struggles (rightly) had everyone in panic mode, yet we still managed to win games.
G
golong
I'm still trying to figure out how the coaches, Bronco included, all believed the offense was ahead of the defense, and that this year's offense was going to be impressive. We have all these "great" offensive linemen, returning receivers, and Heaps.... Well, somebody sure misjudged these guys. The OL underperformed, no holes for runningbacks, not the greatest pass protection, and receivers couldn't get open, and when they were open, Heaps missed them by ten yards.



My son said, "I hope I never see Heaps again." I happen to agree with him...kind of. I guess I'd like to see him get back on the field and throw ten straight completions and two TD passes in a quarter, just so we all know he really isn't as bad as we thought.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.