Archived Topic

Poll: OSU- BYU player of the game

by CougarClaw · 10/15/2011

Advertisement
C
CougarClaw
I think I'm going to say Ogletree but Hoffman is a close second
B
BYUBALLIN
cody gets my vote no doubt..what a game cody
S
Schmoe
Ogletree without a doubt. Anyone who causes 3 turnovers gets my vote.
C
CougarClaw
Hoffman put up some Gaudy numbers, but he had a few drops too. Still there were a number of folks who put together extremely solid game today.



Props to Alisa as our new RB starter, Nelson for a great game and Friel/Falslev for their first TDs of the year.
B
Brayden Green
Ogletree. without those 3 TO's it is an entirely different game.



My second vote would be Van Noy. That INT he had was huge. They were driving 80 some odd yards to tie up the game, and he got the INT on our 3 and took it 50 yards the other way. That was a huge shift of momentum.



Had some great tackles for loss and pressure on the qb too.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
This team has gone from being The Suckiest Sucks That Ever Sucked - to having several playmakers.



A Rising Tide Lifts All Boats - I gotta go with the Tide - but Hoff, Alisa, JJ, Tree, KVN, and Pendleton all came up big at times and you could make a case for others. My 2nd choice HOff. THird Tree. 4th KVN.





I will watch the re-run and see if I still feel that way. Nelson did throw the pick and fumble - but recovered his fumble, overcame penalties and numerous drops, threw for 3 TDs if I counted correctly, was our leading rusher, edging Alisa, and managed the game quite well. Mostly - listen to his postgame comments about the pick. He took full responsibility for it - explained what he had seen on previous downs and guessed the defender would do (fake coming to the receiver and then back off), acknowledged that he guessed wrong and didn't throw a very good ball either.



I really enjoy hearing what his thinking is as he makes those decisions and I realy like his accountability.



KSL gave a tie to Riley and Cody. I guess defenders never get the respect they probably deserve.
C
CougarPeasant
Gave to Hoffman on offense and Ogretree on defense. :) Both deserved game balls. Hoffman's circus catches in the second half were incredible, reminded me of some of Mike Reed's acrobatics.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.