Archived Topic

O and D Line

by golong · 10/15/2011

Advertisement
G
golong
Our offensive and defensive line is getting beat and out played by OSU. We get no pressure on the QB, and our D line gives up big holes and critical plays.
C
CAFB_04-12
How is it that we can't coach the false starts and holding out of the O-Line? Seriously, these penalties come at the worst possible time.
C
CAFB_04-12
ESPN box score has Terrence Brown 0/2 passing. Not a good PER for our starting center. If he can't get his PER above 136 I think we should pull him.
A
AJP
I'm sorry, but how is it that you think our O Line got beat? Should they have rushed for 400 yards instead of 300? Nelson got sacked what, once or twice but he always scrambled so they weren't very big losses. Just not seeing what you were saying at all.



As far as our D line, injuries. That and Bronco hardly ever brings pressure.
C
CAFB_04-12
The O-Line's problem today was penalties in critical times. Holding to negate a TD. False starts in the red zone to kill drives. Can't argue with the rushing stats though.
Advertisement
C
CougarClaw
I question the refs more than the players. at one point refs had taken 70 yards from BYU to OSU's 10.
B
Brayden Green
The refs did a good job. BYU just commits mental mistakes, and holds on defense.
G
Guest
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
The O-Line's problem today was penalties in critical times. Holding to negate a TD. False starts in the red zone to kill drives. Can't argue with the rushing stats though.


There were 2 false starts in the red zone. But there were no legitimate holding calls on the offensive line, so I give them a pass there.
B
Brayden Green
hawkwing wrote:
The O-Line's problem today was penalties in critical times. Holding to negate a TD. False starts in the red zone to kill drives. Can't argue with the rushing stats though.


There were 2 false starts in the red zone. But there were no legitimate holding calls on the offensive line, so I give them a pass there.


Most of the holding calls were on Holt and the other TE's. And they were legitimate calls.
G
Guest
BlueIsBetter wrote:
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
The O-Line's problem today was penalties in critical times. Holding to negate a TD. False starts in the red zone to kill drives. Can't argue with the rushing stats though.


There were 2 false starts in the red zone. But there were no legitimate holding calls on the offensive line, so I give them a pass there.


Most of the holding calls were on Holt and the other TE's. And they were legitimate calls.

Yes, those were, hence my comment that there were no legitimate holding calls on the offensive line.
Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
Yep, I agree with you. I was backing you up :)
G
Guest
BlueIsBetter wrote:
Yep, I agree with you. I was backing you up :)

Yep, and I was backing up your backing me up ;) :lol:
B
Brayden Green
hawkwing wrote:
Yep, I agree with you. I was backing you up :)

Yep, and I was backing up your backing me up ;) :lol:


There's a little bit too much talk of "backing things up" going on in this thread. This thread might have just turned into an HC violation.
G
Guest
BlueIsBetter wrote:
BlueIsBetter wrote:
Yep, I agree with you. I was backing you up :)

Yep, and I was backing up your backing me up ;) :lol:


There's a little bit too much talk of "backing things up" going on in this thread. This thread might have just turned into an HC violation.


I'm with you there, wait, you're trying to trick me!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.