Archived Topic

Takeaways - why we are so angry

by Cougarbib · 10/14/2011

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Understand the source of your pain and then learn to cope with those things you can't control.



BYU wanted in the PAC 10 for decades. For years legend was spread that PAC would not take us becasue we insisted they take Utah. In the end, that fantasy was taken away from us, and given to our arch rival. Utah Envy is the reason we are so mad.



BYU had a sure Heisman Trophy WInner, and NC winner, and record setter. Utah had girly Jordan Wynn. Take that Utah. Alas, our Heisman winner was taken from us before he proved a thing, and sat squarely on the bench. That might even be OK, but we aren't sure he will ever be great. We are stuck with somene who went to USU. That just doesn't feel right to some of us. Worse than being stuck with Sarkisian who went to a JC - well after he became great we got over that but it took a 14-1 season.



BYU had victory over TEXAS in its jaws - match that Utah - but then we choked. We needed something to show Utah who is big brother and it was gone.



BYU had a sure win coming in Provo over UTAH. That would do it. Our Heisman Vs their Girl QB. Take that Utah. We knocked their girly QB out of the game. He came back in and kicked our butts and UTAH made our Heisman guy look like a pile of Hype. Embarrasing, humiliating blowout at the hands of the UTES at our house.



But we had that consolation prize Big 12 invite in the bag. Take that UTAH. The BIg is Bigger than the PAC. And it is. But then it almost became extinct. Then we were in a position to save it. It was taken awy from us and given to TCU. TCU and Utah envy. Ouch. Next thing you know - BSU will get in. No. Not BSU, TCU, and Utah envy. Can't cope.



We just want Holmoe to come out and tell the world that the Big 12 really did want us and that we told them no. Just give us that little bit of face saving grace and validate all of our inside sources that had said it was done. Tom Holmoe took even that away from us. Never mind that it would be in poor taste and against all norms to make such a statement. We want vindication. Utah is in the BCS and we can't even prove we were invited. GIve us proof Tom Holmoe. Give us proof. But he has taken that away with his silence.



Now if we hadn't lost that heart breaker to Texas and let Utah kick our butts, we would be 6-0 and get over pretty much all of this easily enough. But we are 4-2 with a USU retread that ain't gonna win the Heisman - unless he does - and even if he does we will be mad because he did it left handed and running instead of right handed and throwing.



Get over it. The Utes got a sweet deal. Right Place - Right Time. We have a different deal. We can make it work, because armageddon did not happen and has been held off for at least a season, probably 6 years or more, and maybe forever.



As Jake Heaps would say - "It is What It Is."
G
Gunk
BYU routinely shoots itself in the foot. It is what it is, but that doesn't make the pain go away.
B
BerliNY
Damn.
S
Schmoe
I don't like the PAC, and I'm personally happy that we're not a part of it.
B
BoiseBYU
Gunk wrote:
BYU routinely shoots itself in the foot. It is what it is, but that doesn't make the pain go away.

BYU does a lot of things very well too....very well, athletically, academically, spiritually.
Advertisement
B
BYULV
1) I'm not sure we are so angry. Would like to see things play out differently, but angry may be a little heavy.



2) from most of your recent posts (cougarbib2), you sound happy with the way things have played out, especially Riley taking over at QB. I haven't seen you "so angry", so this post comes across a bit smug saying "we".



3) your jabs at Utah, TCU, USU and even Boise sound like what a ute would say to us mockingly if he were on here. I have a hard time seeing your genuine concern for Cougar Nation, this post seems more like you're gloating.



Maybe I'm just "angry" and blinded to your true purpose in this thread, but the way I read it, this sounds like an "I told you so" Piece.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
Jarhead
It is a bit presumptuous to claim you understand the thoughts and feelings of anonymous posters better than they do.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
T
tmoney35
I'm not gonna lie, I hate Utah and TCU and it pisses me off that they're both in and we're not.



I agree with a lot of what you said, but if Riley won the heisman, I highly doubt you'd hear any complaining from us. Steve Young was left handed and a runner and we like him pretty well. We like winners
G
Gunk
BoiseBYU wrote:
BYU routinely shoots itself in the foot. It is what it is, but that doesn't make the pain go away.

BYU does a lot of things very well too....very well, athletically, academically, spiritually.

Agree full heartedly there as well. Every place and everyone has their perks and their quirks.
C
Cougarbib
BYULV wrote:
1) I'm not sure we are so angry. Would like to see things play out differently, but angry may be a little heavy.



2) from most of your recent posts (cougarbib2), you sound happy with the way things have played out, especially Riley taking over at QB. I haven't seen you "so angry", so this post comes across a bit smug saying "we".



3) your jabs at Utah, TCU, USU and even Boise sound like what a ute would say to us mockingly if he were on here. I have a hard time seeing your genuine concern for Cougar Nation, this post seems more like you're gloating.



Maybe I'm just "angry" and blinded to your true purpose in this thread, but the way I read it, this sounds like an "I told you so" Piece.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




You are right. I am not angry. Yes. I used "we" metaphorically as only some of us are angry. (oops - I just used "us" metaphorically).



The anger I see are the blasts on Holmoe and BYU and Church administration and the hair raising when U, TCU, or BCU get a break.



Then some of "we", get irrational and everything gets black and white.



I would accept a Big 12 invite with no Sunday play and national fan access like we just achieved with Independence. I understand that access may matter less to those that get regional coverage or can go to the stadium, but most of the world cannot.



Whether - Independent or Big 12 - "we" are way to optimistic about wanting to play anyone anywhere. Nobody does and survives and we have limitations.



Nelson is a week by week thing for me, but it was important to find out what he can do since Heaps was not getting it done. Lark should be developed too. I am fine with Heaps when he mans up a bit instead of playing scared.



I am Happy with things being better than they were - Disappointed - frustrated at what could have been - but not angry.



It was a smug post. The old realist in me coming out again.



But trust me - I root for BYU no matter who they are playing. I just don't hate those other teams which is likely made easier because I live out of the area and don't have to deal with many of their fans.



A Hawaii loss would ve very, very painful other than the fact everyone out here has seen me supporting the Bows when not playing BYU and respecting them when playing BYU. It would still be painful - I will support whichever QB makes sure it does not happen.



And yes, I might have said similar to what a Ute, BSU, or TCU fan might post - but isn't it better to be reminded by a friend - a fellow blue and blue cougar?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
crh55
Cougarbib2 wrote:
1) I'm not sure we are so angry. Would like to see things play out differently, but angry may be a little heavy.



2) from most of your recent posts (cougarbib2), you sound happy with the way things have played out, especially Riley taking over at QB. I haven't seen you "so angry", so this post comes across a bit smug saying "we".



3) your jabs at Utah, TCU, USU and even Boise sound like what a ute would say to us mockingly if he were on here. I have a hard time seeing your genuine concern for Cougar Nation, this post seems more like you're gloating.



Maybe I'm just "angry" and blinded to your true purpose in this thread, but the way I read it, this sounds like an "I told you so" Piece.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




You are right. I am not angry. Yes. I used we metaphorically as only some of us are angry.



The anger I see are the blasts on Holmoe and BYU and Church administration and the hair raising when U, TCU, or BCU get a break.



Then some of we, get irrational and everything gets black and white.



I would accept a Big 12 invite with no Sunday play and national fan access like we just achieved. I understand that may matter less to those that get regional coverage, but mist if the world dies not.



Independent or Big 12 - we are way to optimistic about wanting to play anyone anywhere. Noobs does and survives and we have limitations.



Nelson is a week by week thing for me, but it was important to find out what he can do since Heaps was not getting it done. Lark should be developed too. I am fine with Heaps when ge mans up a bit instead of playing scared. Happy.



It was a smug post. The old realist in me coming out again.



But trust me - I root for BYU no matter who they are playing. I just don't hate those other teams which is likely made easier because I live out of the area and don't have to deal with many of their fans.



A Hawaii loss would ve very painful other than the fact everyone out here has seen me supporting the Bows when not playing BYU. It would still be painful - I will support whichever QB makes sure it does not happen.



And yes, I might have said similar to what a Ute, BSU, or TCU fan might post - but isn't it better to be reminded by a friend - a fellow blue and blue cougar?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I agree, and regrettably, feel most everything you mention in your rundown. The disappointment of this year trumps that of the "quest for perfection" year. Cause that year, just like this year was supposed to be our year.



I have much hatred but probably even more envy for those teams you mention: Utah, TCU, & BSU. Because, their coaches figured out how to make it to the big time, and i don't think "we" ever will.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.