Archived Topic

College Game Day - Play-by-play

by CAFB_04-12 · 10/24/2009

Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
I hope all of you are at the stadium wearing your orange Home Depot hats and waving your BYU flags. I'll be posting my thoughts on the broadcast as the day goes on.
C
CAFB_04-12
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_umKi2AzmQ-w/SuMJKDvbl6I/AAAAAAAADPg/qWtDnn_D0Z8/s576/gameday1.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_umKi2AzmQ-w/SuMJjtTyzhI/AAAAAAAADPk/oWEvtC34yeg/s576/gameday2.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

The crowd is loud and big! Great shots of the stadium. Lavell Edwards should be on later to be the guest.
C
CAFB_04-12
Favorite sign so far: I Pitta the Fool!
K
kiwibacon
Man, they ARE being LOUD. I am proud of everyone who is there. Loved the guy dressed as superman but instead of the "S" on his chest he had a "Y".
C
Cougy_Monster
Our fans are putting on a great showing. Strong work. Wish I could be there.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Let me know their picks. I am imprisoned at the library until kickoff today.
C
CAFB_04-12
Who's the clown with the BSU sign?
S
snoscythe
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
Who's the clown with the BSU sign?


Mars hasn't been online this morning...... ;)
B
BroncoBot
I was surprised to see more BSU fans than UofU fans,



Maybe it's just the orange HD helmets though.
C
CAFB_04-12
Edwards - BYU

Herbie - BYU

Corso - Frogs



Gives the fake and hands Edwards the Cougar head.
Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
Missed most of the show helping some friends out at the hospital and dropping a car off at the shop. Going to watch it now on DVR.
C
CAFB_04-12
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_umKi2AzmQ-w/SuMmUTt9zkI/AAAAAAAADPo/4i-6JrMUrv4/s576/gameday3.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

It looked like Cosmo fell to the concrete after this. Got a lot of cheers from the crowd!
C
CAFB_04-12
Apologies to Mitt Romney and Orrin Hatch, but ESPN gave props to the most popular BYU alumni:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_umKi2AzmQ-w/SuMnzjiNRbI/AAAAAAAADPs/14_sKyv3Zt8/s576/gameday4.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_umKi2AzmQ-w/SuMospnNZyI/AAAAAAAADPw/5M6OH2eqa6I/s576/gameday5.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_umKi2AzmQ-w/SuMosk2y-UI/AAAAAAAADP0/IcV9tmLzHbI/s576/gameday6.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
They had LaVell Edwards come out for the picks, it was good to see him out there making his picks. He looked good.



I have to say that I was very impressed with the crowd, I wasn't sure that there would be enough Cougar fans to shutdown the hijinks of other teams. But the crowd was really large and LOUD. I was going to go down, but I seem to be coming down with a cold, so I decided I'd better save my strength for the game.
C
CAFB_04-12
Nice shots of the stadium, mountains, and University. Here's brother Brigham.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_umKi2AzmQ-w/SuMqV_GF6wI/AAAAAAAADP8/b0I8xAxYnY0/s576/gameday7.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
Great wide shot of brother Heder and the stadium. VOTE FOR PEDRO!

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_umKi2AzmQ-w/SuMosk2y-UI/AAAAAAAADP0/IcV9tmLzHbI/s576/gameday6.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
Who else was surprised that there were more Donkeys than Yewts? I have to admit, I bought into the idea that there were 800 or whatever yewts that were going to head down and cause problems, but obviously they must have driven past a state liquor store and not gotten any further.
C
CAFB_04-12
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_umKi2AzmQ-w/SuMt6VP_evI/AAAAAAAADQA/-C8_kH-TYgg/s576/gameday8.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



The Versus and Mtn haters (EPSN apologists) show up with a sign (over Howard's left shoulder).
C
CAFB_04-12
A couple clowns show up with a huge BSU flag and a tiny Utah flag. All in good fun, I guess.
C
CAFB_04-12
Pretty neat vignette on touching momentos before the game like the "play like a champion" sign at ND, running the flag out at BYU, the Gator at Florida, and others.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.