Archived Topic

Would you accept an invite to the Big East?

by hawkwing · 10/11/2011

Advertisement
G
Guest
Poll time friends. There is no insider information here, or rumors. Simply a what-if game. If the Big East were to extend an invitation to the Cougars along with Air Force would you accept it?
F
frdbtr
I don't think the Big east is a good fit for BYU at all.
J
jonnylingo
No.
C
Cougarfan87
My option wasn't there.



It would certainly be a winnable league, so I would say yes if all the following were met--



1. There was a Western Division including Air Force and Boise State

2. We get the BYU TV rights and our exposure doesn't suffer

3. It is still a BCS conference--which looks doubtful.



In short, no.



I guess my option was there afterall.
D
Ddawg
No! I agree completely with the 2 above posters. No interest in the Big East. BYU is much better off remaining Independent - play all over the NCAA landscape.
Advertisement
M
Mars


MWC > BE
A
AmmonCougar1
I put "Yes" with the mountain division condition. I assume that would also include TV rights and hopefully some guarentee that they remain an auto bid Bc$ conference. I also wouldn't mind having Basketball join. I think that would be pretty sweet to get some of those teams to come to the Marriot Center on a regular basis. I might also consider going to MSG to watch the tourney if we were in. If it is only for football and no Western division was created then I'd say No.



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
G
Guest
The answer of yes implies that they remain a BCS conference, which they will, because of the East Coast bias, anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't realize just how ingrained that bias is in the North East.
B
byufan4ever
I want a western division and BYU TV rights.
G
Guest
Western division and Tier 3 rights seems a popular combination, so I edited the poll to include that option specifically. This means everyone has to vote again, so please vote again.
Advertisement
R
rblack
Western Division with 6 teams.

Include Boise State, Air Force, Houston, SMU

Tier 3 TV rights

BCS Conference

Otherwise No.
1
1967cougar
hawkwing wrote:
The answer of yes implies that they remain a BCS conference, which they will, because of the East Coast bias, anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't realize just how ingrained that bias is in the North East.


And it's a bias that is fueled by one thing: money. Look at the advertising market in the Big East footprint. Of course, like Hawk said, their conceit and arrogance factors in also.



You gotta wonder why they would want to make a Division out here in "fly over" country. This is west of the Mississippi. All it is is one huge game preserve that needs to become a National Park and have all us residents move out so the "Easterners" have a place to come and enjoy nature and bears and pine cones and all that other stuff they want to see from inside their car as they drive by.
S
superchargedcougar
NO. I'd build new conference before joining the Big East. Like we did with the MWC. Get BSU, SMU, Houston, AF, Nevada, Fresno State, Hawaii, Ut St., UCF, Southern Miss, etc.



However, I like Independence better than that idea as well so... Big East is a big NO
S
Schmoe
Bronco says "yes."
Advertisement
B
blue42
hawkwing wrote:
Western division and Tier 3 rights seems a popular combination, so I edited the poll to include that option specifically. This means everyone has to vote again, so please vote again.


So are you a member of ACORN? Their motto..... Vote early and often, even if you are dead.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
blue42
BTW I voted no it would be brutal to play 4-5 games on the east coach.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BerliNY
Mars wrote:


MWC > BE


If you're talking quality of football, yes. But not if you're talking BCS access and access to decent TV production equipment.
S
superchargedcougar
blue42 wrote:
Western division and Tier 3 rights seems a popular combination, so I edited the poll to include that option specifically. This means everyone has to vote again, so please vote again.


So are you a member of ACORN? Their motto..... Vote early and often, even if you are dead.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Hey now, don't be making any political statements. We don't want anyone getting any ideas about promoting a certain mormon frontrunner on here.... ;)
B
BoiseBYU
Hello NO!
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.