Archived Topic

I'm hoping Riley doesn't see the field again.

by BroncoBot · 10/11/2011

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Riley Stephensen that is. ;)



I don't think he's punted since Nelson took over.
B
BYUROCKS
Hmm 3 turnovers or 3 punts... which one do I want...
O
Over Fanatic
Even with turnovers, the ball is moving which is a sight for sore eyes. He will learn from the turnovers and hopefully we won't see too many more of them. Its just nice to move the ball no matter what team you play.
S
Sammich
The turnovers have given the other team worse field position than our punts usually do, so as long as Riley 1 can keep that up I'll take him over Riley 2.
S
SpiffCoug
Sammich wrote:
The turnovers have given the other team worse field position than our punts usually do, so as long as Riley 1 can keep that up I'll take him over Riley 2.

And we even got points off one of our own turnovers too (next snap was the safety)!
Advertisement
G
Guest
Remember the interception that Heaps threw that every one said was no big deal, because it was 40 yards down field so was the equivalent of a punt?
S
Sammich
hawkwing wrote:
Remember the interception that Heaps threw that every one said was no big deal, because it was 40 yards down field so was the equivalent of a punt?

Yeah, but people were serious about that, and I'm half-joking. Half because there is some truth to it, but it still sucks because they're turnovers that otherwise would have turned into points.
C
Cougarfan87
SpiffCoug wrote:
The turnovers have given the other team worse field position than our punts usually do, so as long as Riley 1 can keep that up I'll take him over Riley 2.

And we even got points off one of our own turnovers too (next snap was the safety)!


I'd like to see how many other teams scored points off of their own turnovers this year. See, Bronco is taking BYU to new heights. :D
G
Guest
Sammich wrote:
Remember the interception that Heaps threw that every one said was no big deal, because it was 40 yards down field so was the equivalent of a punt?

Yeah, but people were serious about that, and I'm half-joking. Half because there is some truth to it, but it still sucks because they're turnovers that otherwise would have turned into points.

There is truth to it because every time Riley Nelson had a turnover we were moving the ball and going in to score. Jake Heap's pick was different because we had no confidence in our ability to get a 1st down, let a lone get in the endzone. It is kind of interesting that BYU hasn't punted or been in any danger of punting since Nelson came in as QB. Obviously this wouldn't have been the case if he had played all year, but the offense would have probably moved the ball better than it did.
M
Mars
declocoug wrote:
Riley Stephensen that is. ;)



I don't think he's punted since Nelson took over.

I think almost everyone missed your post, and the entire point of the thread. Which was actually very clever.
Advertisement
S
scott715
It took me a few days before I would read this post. I didn't like where I thought it was going. I can concur with your op statement.
J
jonnylingo
Sammich wrote:
The turnovers have given the other team worse field position than our punts usually do, so as long as Riley 1 can keep that up I'll take him over Riley 2.


Yes, I will take that turnover instead of a field goal or touchdown anyday. I would prefer a quarterback who can get it in the endzone without a million turnover. and no i am not saying put heaps in. i am saying the both heaps and nelson are mediocre.
S
Schmoe
jonnylingo wrote:
The turnovers have given the other team worse field position than our punts usually do, so as long as Riley 1 can keep that up I'll take him over Riley 2.


Yes, I will take that turnover instead of a field goal or touchdown anyday. I would prefer a quarterback who can get it in the endzone without a million turnover. and no i am not saying put heaps in. i am saying the both heaps and nelson are mediocre.


Yep, one is just MUCH LESS mediocre than the other.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.