Archived Topic

Mike Leach wiling to coach at BYU

by DarthMagnus · 10/10/2011

Advertisement
D
DarthMagnus
Just heard him talking on 1280. Said he would be completely open to coaching at BYU "if the circumstances were right." Wonder what those circumstances would be. Money? HC position?



I imagine there would be lots of naysayers among the mormon fans given his "shady" past. In terms of sheer offensive production though, he would definitely be qualified.



He also commented on BYU's qb situation. Basically said if it were him, he would evaluate and choose one guy and ride him the rest of the season.



Who would you choose in Doman vs. Leach?



I wouldn't mind having Leach run the offense. I like Doman, but I'm still not convinced he is ready to handle the riens of the entire offense.



I
S
snoscythe
"if the circumstances were right" probably would involve an Honor Code waiver for alcohol imbibery.
C
Cougs_Rule
Since he likes locking athletes in sheds, maybe he could buy off on the whole 2-year shed.

Who asked this stupid question. Gordon Monson? :sick:
S
scott715
Leach would be wonderful if he would commit to the rules for a coach. It would be good for him and his career. Plus Doman would learn a lot under him.
F
frdbtr
I Mike Leach would come and coach the offense, I would choose him over Doman every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Plus, he could mentor Doman on his offense. Doman would end up a better coordinator because of it.
Advertisement
C
CougarClaw
As long as we keep him and his players away from any closets.
M
mormonrasta
Mike Leach will be the next head coach at the University of Arizona, I hope.
G
Gunk
More than willing to give the guy a chance should the right situation arise. I think that would basically mean Doman not panning out.



People can learn from their mistakes and as long as he has, great. Just because he had a Word of Wisdom issue in the past doesn't mean he has one now or will in the future. Perhaps being in an environment like BYU would further help him distance himself from his demons. We all have issues; sadly, his are out in the open for self-righteous "Saints" to make snide remarks about.
G
Guest
Fire Doman!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BerliNY
I would love, LOVE, to see Leach as OC at BYU.



Sadly, it will never EVER happen. Can you even imagine Mendenhall and Leach on the same sideline? The whole thing would last 5 minutes before punches were thrown.



My brain is melting with joy over the thoughts of Apo, Wilson, Hoffman et al with a Leach-coached Heaps throwing to them and Nelson as the wildcat.



Sheds be damned, I don't think Leach got a fair shake at TT.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
hawkwing wrote:
Fire Doman!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Doman isn't going anywhere. Just like utah's ocoordinator last year who is still coaching there, just under Chow.
G
Guest
frdbtr wrote:
Fire Doman!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Doman isn't going anywhere. Just like utah's ocoordinator last year who is still coaching there, just under Chow.


I am okay with this too, but 1 coach would need to go to bring in Leach.
M
Mars


I <heart> Mike Leach
C
Cougarbib
Mars wrote:


I <heart> Mike Leach

How long would The Leacher stick around? He is a HC. He would jump ship in one year for a HC job. Maybe BYU could contract with him to mentor BD.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
Cougarbib2 wrote:


I <heart> Mike Leach

How long would The Leacher stick around? He is a HC. He would jump ship in one year for a HC job. Maybe BYU could contract with him to mentor BD.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Leach would make a terrible mentor for Brandon Davies. Sometimes I don't know about you Cougarbib.
Advertisement
P
pjspack
For those of you who still by into that nonsense shoveled by Craig James and ESPN. Adam James admitted in his deposition that he was told not to go in the electrical closet. He went in of his own free will and made a video with his cellphone that he later posted on youtube with the help of a PR firm that was hired by his father to smear Mike Leach. All because he wanted his son to have more playing time.



These people have for the time being anyway helped ruin a good man's coaching career. That ESPN would still employ that slug after what he did boogles the mind.
B
BroncoBot
pjspack wrote:
For those of you who still by into that nonsense shoveled by Craig James and ESPN. Adam James admitted in his deposition that he was told not to go in the electrical closet. He went in of his own free will and made a video with his cellphone that he later posted on youtube with the help of a PR firm that was hired by his father to smear Mike Leach. All because he wanted his son to have more playing time.



These people have for the time being anyway helped ruin a good man's coaching career. That ESPN would still employ that slug after what he did boogles the mind.

I think very few people bought the whole Adam James story. The guy, and his dad, are lunatics.
S
scott715
Okay, tell Leach he can come now as a volunteer coach and next season, we will make room for him. Who would leave, I don't know. Does anyone want to retire or move upstairs?



Maybe he would only stay the rest of this season and move on. That would be okay.
S
superchargedcougar
This may be extremely ignorant of me, but is Leach a Mormon? Why did BYU even come up?
L
Lawboy
Not gonna happen. His next job will be as a head coach. Arizona is a great fit, too.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.