Archived Topic

So what Big 12 rumors will we have to deal with THIS week?

by CougarClaw · 10/10/2011

Advertisement
C
CougarClaw
Seems pretty quiet so far. maybe we can focus on a football game this week.
C
Cougarpoke
I think MO should have made a decision by today. If they are gone then expect the rumor mill to be white hot. Until then, I do not believe there will be too many rumors swirling. I did here a couple though...BYU and BSU will accept this week. I also heard that TH and CS had agreed to terms with the B12 and they then submitted everything to the BOT, but never got a response and are still waiting. Anyway, who knows what to believe. I think our leverage would have been much better for getting into the B12 if we would have killed teams this year and be in the top 25, instead we kind of aren't as good as I was hoping.
S
SpiffCoug
Hopefully we have no rumors but actual news in the form of a news conference from BYU of the Big 12 of an accepted offer.
C
Cougs_Rule
really? Rumors werent enough? We have to pre-rumor? wow
C
Cougarbib
Cougarpoke wrote:
I think MO should have made a decision by today. If they are gone then expect the rumor mill to be white hot. Until then, I do not believe there will be too many rumors swirling. I did here a couple though...BYU and BSU will accept this week. I also heard that TH and CS had agreed to terms with the B12 and they then submitted everything to the BOT, but never got a response and are still waiting. Anyway, who knows what to believe. I think our leverage would have been much better for getting into the B12 if we would have killed teams this year and be in the top 25, instead we kind of aren't as good as I was hoping.


My son - whom I have not yet killed for the last rumor sent me this one yesterday.



But our record including U blowout has nothing to do with it. Missouri isn't exactly setting the world on fire and Big is begging them to stay - SEC may or may not be interested - Big E would take them in a heartbeat = ACC maybe. Thishas nothing to do with W/L record of 2010. Our legacy is strong enough re on the field performance over time.



This is about money, terms, and conditions and politics and prejudice. Otherwise we be in the PAC long ago.
Advertisement
G
Guest
TCU got the invite to the Big12 losing to SMU and Baylor. Loses don't matter.
S
scott715
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=17567111&nid=272


Makes a good point about ESPN building our brand over the next 8 years. An argument for Indy.



PS TCU was the only option for them since we could not commit. They have to have them or us next year.
C
Cougarbib
scott715 wrote:
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=17567111&nid=272


Makes a good point about ESPN building our brand over the next 8 years. An argument for Indy.



PS TCU was the only option for them since we could not commit. They have to have them or us next year.

Timing is everything. It got U in PAC. Timing was good for BYU now - we apparently have nit come to terms yet and TCU took advantage of that window. MO needs to go or get off the pot.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.