B
BoiseBYUMichael Alisa hits the holes harder and faster than any of our other running backs. What a pleasant surprise.
I was ready to say that Riley is our toughest runner--he does not go down with the first hit--but Alisa now gets that accolade. JJ is a fine back out of the back field but he does not run like Alisa
Riley IS a D-1 QB. He had one bad pass and one bad throw (into double coverage) that were both picked off, but he can make the throws and well. Jacobson should have caught the first TB pass and the second pass to #6 was on the money and a good 50 yards in the air. He can throw just fine. And did I say he is our second toughest runner and maybe our hardest runner to defend (what other runner might pass it too?)? The third bad pass was only bad because Kariya fell down
Our D is tough on the run, but SJSU found lots of holes in the secondary. Thank goodness SJSU had one of their own dropped passes or this is a very different game. Pendleton adds so much to this team. While good against the rush, we got very little pass rush. Jordan had a sack and we got one other hurry but too much, at least to me, did I see the SJSU QB having enough time to survey the field. Oggletree (spelling?) is getting better and better. Uale almost took a bad enough angle that would have resulted in a touchdown.
Doman called a very good game. The TE screen to Wilson was sweet. I really can't fault the play calling at all. We could have scored more and would have but for the two inside the five yard line turnovers.
Right now, I'd rather be a BYU fan than a Ute fan--wait a minute--that was true even after the debacle...but you get my point.
It was a hilarious moment when Riley got the wind knocked out of him and Jake could not find his helmet--I think the equipment manager hid it (JK) I still think Jake has tremendous upside but it might take some nurturing and grooming and time and I hope the coaches provide it. The way Riley runs, he will get injured before the end of the season and we will see Jake back in there.
Cody H is a fine returner. Since when can we only kick it to the ten yard lie?!? All night....
I think we have a good chance at Oregon St. I think we can win by a TD IF our pass defense improves some....
Finally. Utah really needs to change its motto from "Life Elevated" to "No Road Left Uprooted." A sort of truth in advertising thing....
I was ready to say that Riley is our toughest runner--he does not go down with the first hit--but Alisa now gets that accolade. JJ is a fine back out of the back field but he does not run like Alisa
Riley IS a D-1 QB. He had one bad pass and one bad throw (into double coverage) that were both picked off, but he can make the throws and well. Jacobson should have caught the first TB pass and the second pass to #6 was on the money and a good 50 yards in the air. He can throw just fine. And did I say he is our second toughest runner and maybe our hardest runner to defend (what other runner might pass it too?)? The third bad pass was only bad because Kariya fell down
Our D is tough on the run, but SJSU found lots of holes in the secondary. Thank goodness SJSU had one of their own dropped passes or this is a very different game. Pendleton adds so much to this team. While good against the rush, we got very little pass rush. Jordan had a sack and we got one other hurry but too much, at least to me, did I see the SJSU QB having enough time to survey the field. Oggletree (spelling?) is getting better and better. Uale almost took a bad enough angle that would have resulted in a touchdown.
Doman called a very good game. The TE screen to Wilson was sweet. I really can't fault the play calling at all. We could have scored more and would have but for the two inside the five yard line turnovers.
Right now, I'd rather be a BYU fan than a Ute fan--wait a minute--that was true even after the debacle...but you get my point.
It was a hilarious moment when Riley got the wind knocked out of him and Jake could not find his helmet--I think the equipment manager hid it (JK) I still think Jake has tremendous upside but it might take some nurturing and grooming and time and I hope the coaches provide it. The way Riley runs, he will get injured before the end of the season and we will see Jake back in there.
Cody H is a fine returner. Since when can we only kick it to the ten yard lie?!? All night....
I think we have a good chance at Oregon St. I think we can win by a TD IF our pass defense improves some....
Finally. Utah really needs to change its motto from "Life Elevated" to "No Road Left Uprooted." A sort of truth in advertising thing....

