Archived Topic

Yewtah 0-3 PAC 12!

by Ddawg · 10/8/2011

Advertisement
D
Ddawg
Great news - the Yewts are 0-3 in the PAC-12. Today, #22 ASU 35, Yewts 14. Ha-ha! They have lost to USC, Washington & ASU. Not so "Rosey" in the PAC-12 eh?

:D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :evil:
S
SpiffCoug
BYU may very well get the first Pac12 victory for the state of Utah.
E
EM_Puma
That has been the brightest spot of these last two weeks to see the Pukes implode two weeks in a row at home.



The down side was to see both of the teams that beat us this year be handled. That doesn't brighten my view.
D
Dcr36
Utah commentator on 1320 was saying BYU fans were essentially mocking themselves by mocking Utah, considering the fact that we lost to them so badly. i disagree.



What I saw out of Utah these last two weeks was a decent team with a great defense, but an ineffective offense that simply commits too many mental errors and tires out their defense in the 2nd half by keeping them on the field too long. If Utah had just kept their composure, I think the game wouldn't have gotten away from them.



In other words, I think Utah has valid excuses for being 0-3 right now, and they happen to be the same reason I don't believe they are 40 points better than we are, at least in terms of talent.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Ddawg
Dcr36 wrote:
Utah commentator on 1320 was saying BYU fans were essentially mocking themselves by mocking Utah, considering the fact that we lost to them so badly. i disagree.



What I saw out of Utah these last two weeks was a decent team with a great defense, but an ineffective offense that simply commits too many mental errors and tires out their defense in the 2nd half by keeping them on the field too long. If Utah had just kept their composure, I think the game wouldn't have gotten away from them.



In other words, I think Utah has valid excuses for being 0-3 right now, and they happen to be the same reason I don't believe they are 40 points better than we are, at least in terms of talent.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


If I had a "magic wand" - oh how I wish - we would get a "do over Mulligan" with the Yewts. I sincerely believe it would be a different story - we just shot ourselves in the foot over & over & over! Dang it. We imploded.
Advertisement
D
Dcr36
Ddawg wrote:
Utah commentator on 1320 was saying BYU fans were essentially mocking themselves by mocking Utah, considering the fact that we lost to them so badly. i disagree.



What I saw out of Utah these last two weeks was a decent team with a great defense, but an ineffective offense that simply commits too many mental errors and tires out their defense in the 2nd half by keeping them on the field too long. If Utah had just kept their composure, I think the game wouldn't have gotten away from them.



In other words, I think Utah has valid excuses for being 0-3 right now, and they happen to be the same reason I don't believe they are 40 points better than we are, at least in terms of talent.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


If I had a "magic wand" - oh how I wish - we would get a "do over Mulligan" with the Yewts. I sincerely believe it would be a different story - we just shot ourselves in the foot over & over & over! Dang it. We imploded.


I still think we would have lost, but just in more traditional Holy War fashion.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BYUgeezer
I get so tired of the constant ragging on Utah. Does it make us better if they do poorly? Maybe if we started respecting our opponents we would be better.
K
KYCoug
BYUgeezer wrote:
I get so tired of the constant ragging on Utah. Does it make us better if they do poorly? Maybe if we started respecting our opponents we would be better.


In a very real way it does make us better if they do poorly. Recruits are much more likely to consider us if we win out and the :utard: do very poorly in the PAC. Sure they beat us but that can be explained as an adoration, especially if we do well the rest of the season and they do poorly. Would you rather play for a 10-2 Y team or a 2-10 PAC team?
C
crh55
Dcr36 wrote:
Utah commentator on 1320 was saying BYU fans were essentially mocking themselves by mocking Utah, considering the fact that we lost to them so badly. i disagree.



What I saw out of Utah these last two weeks was a decent team with a great defense, but an ineffective offense that simply commits too many mental errors and tires out their defense in the 2nd half by keeping them on the field too long. If Utah had just kept their composure, I think the game wouldn't have gotten away from them.



In other words, I think Utah has valid excuses for being 0-3 right now, and they happen to be the same reason I don't believe they are 40 points better than we are, at least in terms of talent.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


It just goes to show how the frUtes alway get up for the game against us and play way above themselves. I wish our coaches could instill that type of motivation for big games.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
crh55 wrote:
Utah commentator on 1320 was saying BYU fans were essentially mocking themselves by mocking Utah, considering the fact that we lost to them so badly. i disagree.



What I saw out of Utah these last two weeks was a decent team with a great defense, but an ineffective offense that simply commits too many mental errors and tires out their defense in the 2nd half by keeping them on the field too long. If Utah had just kept their composure, I think the game wouldn't have gotten away from them.



In other words, I think Utah has valid excuses for being 0-3 right now, and they happen to be the same reason I don't believe they are 40 points better than we are, at least in terms of talent.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


It just goes to show how the frUtes alway get up for the game against us and play way above themselves. I wish our coaches could instill that type of motivation for big games.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

I really think that having BYU at the end of the year is a good think for u of u. I could see there seasons falling apart very fast, and their fanbase unravelling if BYU is not on the schedule in years to come. BYU is their ultimate motivation it seems.
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
BYUgeezer wrote:
I get so tired of the constant ragging on Utah. Does it make us better if they do poorly? Maybe if we started respecting our opponents we would be better.




I know - I understand. Me too - nah! Not really! I love ripping Yewtah. My dad graduated from the UofU. He rips them. My Grandfather graduated from the UofU - he rips them! My Uncle graduated from the Uof U - he rips them! The reason? the UofU today is NOT the same school they went to back in the 1950's & 1960's - it is not. The is not the same podunk school in the 1950's. It is now a world class University.



I have friends that all went to & graduated from the U. They are merciless on me & the Y when they win - absolutely BRUTAL! So, turn around is fair play.





Also - most importantly - we need to win to win the "in state" recruiting war! We gotta get the top in state athletes.
M
mizzoucoug
KYCoug wrote:
I get so tired of the constant ragging on Utah. Does it make us better if they do poorly? Maybe if we started respecting our opponents we would be better.


In a very real way it does make us better if they do poorly. Recruits are much more likely to consider us if we win out and the :utard: do very poorly in the PAC. Sure they beat us but that can be explained as an adoration, especially if we do well the rest of the season and they do poorly. Would you rather play for a 10-2 Y team or a 2-10 PAC team?


Doesn't seem to matter because their coaches get more out of their talent than ours do.
B
BigCougsFan
Since the FrUtes are 0-3 in Hippie, gay parade, tree hugger land.



What would BYU be?



Our record wouldn't be any better.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Matty-B
BYUgeezer wrote:
I get so tired of the constant ragging on Utah. Does it make us better if they do poorly? Maybe if we started respecting our opponents we would be better.


What?

You can "respect" your opponent plenty and still have them be your rival. There are a few utes I have a lot of respect for as Football players but they are still Utes... therefore, I hope they lose... every game... badly.

They are our rival, which means, they suck. (even when they don't)
P
ProV1
Becoming bowl eligible might now be the challenge for Utah. How would that be? Hyped as the winner of the PAC-12 South misses a bowl.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
ProV1 wrote:
Becoming bowl eligible might now be the challenge for Utah. How would that be? Hyped as the winner of the PAC-12 South misses a bowl.

Could be headed to Vegas, what a huge move up for the utes!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.