Archived Topic

Broncos biggest failure in practice

by hawkwing · 10/8/2011

Advertisement
G
Guest
I think Bronco's biggest failure in practice this week was to keep Jake Heaps in the green jersey during his practice reps. How can we really expect him to improve in game time if we keep letting him practice with no chance of being hit? We already know he can tear that up, where he needs to improve is when he's got a chance of being hit.



Agree, disagree?
A
AggieWeekendCougar
Does any remember the quote (or even find it) by either Beck or Hall about liking to get popped really good once early in each game because it somehow made him "ready" for the rest of the game?
H
HoosierCougar
Completely agree. He needs to get rocked a few times so he knows how to prepare for it and how to respond.
B
Brayden Green
I agree with this, but I am slowly coming to the conclusion that he has a lot of these types of failures in practice.



Not having an offensive line that can snap the ball and know blocking assignments (both running and passing) halfway into the season has been pretty eye opening for me, and is one of the things that I think you should just see as a problem, as a fb coach.
S
SpiffCoug
Bronco is a very soft practice coach. He doesn't like any of his players hitting.
Advertisement
M
Mingjai
AggieWeekendCougar wrote:
Does any remember the quote (or even find it) by either Beck or Hall about liking to get popped really good once early in each game because it somehow made him "ready" for the rest of the game?


No but you hear commentators and coaches say all the time that they'll call a QB draw some time in the first series to get the QB's head in the game.
C
Cougarfan87
AggieWeekendCougar wrote:
Does any remember the quote (or even find it) by either Beck or Hall about liking to get popped really good once early in each game because it somehow made him "ready" for the rest of the game?


I believe both of them have said it. Hall said it more recently.
G
Guest
Cougarfan87 wrote:
Does any remember the quote (or even find it) by either Beck or Hall about liking to get popped really good once early in each game because it somehow made him "ready" for the rest of the game?


I believe both of them have said it. Hall said it more recently.


Hall especially came alive after getting plowed. He was a fiery competitor.
C
Cougarfan87
SpiffCoug wrote:
Bronco is a very soft practice coach. He doesn't like any of his players hitting.


I count this as a plus. Many top programs don't allow hitting in practice because it can lead to injuries. Now, if the teams aren't playing physical during game time, then you need to make them hit in practice. I don't think anyone would complain about our physicality on the field. Usually the comments coming from other teams are that we were much more physical then a team was expecting--perhaps because the players have to save up their hitting for game day. ;)



There is a fine balance between keeping your team fresh and making sure they play physical enough. I do agree that their are issues with our blocking in both run and pass.
B
Brayden Green
hawkwing wrote:
AggieWeekendCougar wrote:
Does any remember the quote (or even find it) by either Beck or Hall about liking to get popped really good once early in each game because it somehow made him "ready" for the rest of the game?


I believe both of them have said it. Hall said it more recently.


Hall especially came alive after getting plowed. He was a fiery competitor.


I used to love watching him take a big shot and pop back up and slap the opposing guy's helmet! Like, "That's what I'm talking about! More of that shizz!"
Advertisement
G
Guest
Cougarfan87 wrote:
Bronco is a very soft practice coach. He doesn't like any of his players hitting.


I count this as a plus. Many top programs don't allow hitting in practice because it can lead to injuries. Now, if the teams aren't playing physical during game time, then you need to make them hit in practice. I don't think anyone would complain about our physicality on the field. Usually the comments coming from other teams are that we were much more physical then a team was expecting--perhaps because the players have to save up their hitting for game day. ;)



There is a fine balance between keeping your team fresh and making sure they play physical enough. I do agree that their are issues with our blocking in both run and pass.


Yes, exactly, and there is one place where our team is lacking physicality. Jake Heaps. So lets get him some hits and get him ready for game time.
C
Cougs_Rule
um, it would be nice to see a nasty, physical Oline. they have moments, but overall, imo, they lack intensity.
B
BigCougsFan
dmcougar wrote:
um, it would be nice to see a nasty, physical Oline. they have moments, but overall, imo, they lack intensity.


O-line OR offense???



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.