Archived Topic

BYU to B12 in 7-10 days

by Cougarpoke · 10/6/2011

Advertisement
C
CougarClaw
I heard that 7-10 days ago. thanks for posting. but.









































YAWN
Y
Y 4 Ever
I'll believe it when it actually happens. Until then, I'm assuming Indy for the long term.



Still convinced that something will happen to keep BYU out of Big 12 (maybe self-inflicted)
M
Mingjai
It would make sense for the Big XII to try to display its new-found stability and generate some positive buzz by adding a school or two regardless of what Mizzou does. Whether that school is BYU, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Big XII add someone within 7-10 days.
C
Cougarbib
+It becomes easier once Missouri either stays or goes. THen the remaining schools lock down TV revenue and lock in - providing stability. Maybe they can find a way to lock it down even without Missouri signing. Hard to believe all of the others will sign and let Missouri stay without signing it too - thus the Big 12 is stable for Missouri until it gets a chance to bail without the revenue loss. I don't know the by-laws and voting, but if I were the Big 12, I would find a way to excommunicate Missouri and wish them goo dluck and move on without them. They ar a cancer at this point. Missouri just wants 15 minutes of fame to convince themselves they are somehow relevant and valued in football. THenm they will become an SEC, BIg 10, ACC, or Big 12 wannabe / doormat or go Big East to save face.



BIg 12 - if smart - puts the squeeze on the PAC by locking down thier current members and adding BYU and BSU - the only two remaining football powers anyhwere near PAC Country. Then - if they want to squeeze even harder - Hawaii, FSU, Nevada, SMU, Houston. Leave the PAC with nothing else to grab or force PAC to choose from those in prior sentence.
Advertisement
M
Mars


BYU to the B12 makes the most sense.



Then again, right now I wouldn't be surprised to see Oklahoma and Texas leave and the conference fall completely apart.
B
BerliNY
"Wolf!" they cried, and BerliNY rolled over and went back to sleep.
J
jonnylingo
Big 12 wants toa nnounce all teams at the same time. that is why this week might be a stretch. byu is probably as close to a lock as can be given they can jump right away. but who the others are seems to be in the air still.



i doubt they ahve come to an agreement on that yet. but they need to hurry becuase other conferences might jump in and steal some teams before they get to it if they are still convinced supers are coming. the acc was genius to simply go ahead and invite two while all the drama was unfolding.



i fully expect missouri to leave. big12 needs to pick their teams and extend invites this week. three with fourth ready to go.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.