Archived Topic

Missouri to SEC?

by superchargedcougar · 10/5/2011

Advertisement
C
Cougarpoke
Even if MO leaves for another conference, I am convinced an offer comes BYU's way regardless.
J
jonnylingo
missouri is going to sec. i knew that the day the sec rejected west virginia's application.
S
scott715
They need to either poop or get off of the can. Texas needs to say either you agree to our concessions or we will take them back.
C
Cougarbib
At this point, the other schools should just vote Missouri out. One would assume Missouri, the "show Me" sate, would have told the SSEC to "Sow Me" you interest before announcing their own interest. It is funny, though, to have unnamed sources saying that Mssouri realy prefers the Big 10, but will accept the SEC sine that is all that is left.



If would be ironic and hilarioius if they now get rebuffed by the SEC having been rebuffed by the Big 10 last season. Big East or Conf USA or MWC woudl take them in a heart beat.



I guess these things take time - frustrating. I hope the go and get it over with. SEC and ACC at 14 will create presures for more change - intgerestin gto see if PAC and Big 10 hold pat at 12 and Big 12 holds Pat at Big 8. Hey they own the name too - Big 8 - has a familiar ring to it.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
There must be a lot of hatred toward Mormons left over in MO, they're still trying to exterminate our sports. ;)
E
EM_Puma
Cougarbib2 wrote:
If would be ironic and hilarioius if they now get rebuffed by the SEC having been rebuffed by the Big 10 last season. Big East or Conf USA or MWC woudl take them in a heart beat.



I guess these things take time - frustrating. I hope the go and get it over with. SEC and ACC at 14 will create presures for more change - intgerestin gto see if PAC and Big 10 hold pat at 12 and Big 12 holds Pat at Big 8. Hey they own the name too - Big 8 - has a familiar ring to it.


I can't imagine Missouri saying they were exploring without any input from SEC that their overture would be considered. I don't quite understand why the SEC process would take time seeing that it was already said that they were searching ofr a 14th team. Is Missouri then just in the mix among others. Is there anything they are wrangling the Big 12 for in taking this stance of investigating their options? If the Big 12 knows that they at least want to get to 10 teams, they already need to add one, what's holding that up?



I would think with the ACC, SEC, and the Big East adding teams or having added teams, that the Big 12 would want to sure up their own additions ASAP. Other than that, I don't know that this will happen fast.
E
EM_Puma
Cougarbib2 wrote:
If would be ironic and hilarioius if they now get rebuffed by the SEC having been rebuffed by the Big 10 last season. Big East or Conf USA or MWC woudl take them in a heart beat.



I guess these things take time - frustrating. I hope the go and get it over with. SEC and ACC at 14 will create presures for more change - intgerestin gto see if PAC and Big 10 hold pat at 12 and Big 12 holds Pat at Big 8. Hey they own the name too - Big 8 - has a familiar ring to it.


I can't imagine Missouri saying they were exploring without any input from SEC that their overture would be considered. I don't quite understand why the SEC process would take time seeing that it was already said that they were searching ofr a 14th team. Is Missouri then just in the mix among others. Is there anything they are wrangling the Big 12 for in taking this stance of investigating their options? If the Big 12 knows that they at least want to get to 10 teams, they already need to add one, what's holding that up?



I would think with the ACC, SEC, and the Big East adding teams or having added teams, that the Big 12 would want to sure up their own additions ASAP. Other than that, I don't know that this will happen fast.
M
Mingjai
I don't understand why Mizzou is more attractive than VTech. VTech has an elite football program and delivers much of the Virginia and DC area. If I were the SEC, I'd have VTech above Mizzou on the list.



And if I were the Big XII trying to think outside the box, I'd contact VTech to gauge their interest. VTech and West Virginia would be a good pair to add simultaneously.
D
Dcr36
Mingjai wrote:
I don't understand why Mizzou is more attractive than VTech. VTech has an elite football program and delivers much of the Virginia and DC area. If I were the SEC, I'd have VTech above Mizzou on the list.



And if I were the Big XII trying to think outside the box, I'd contact VTech to gauge their interest. VTech and West Virginia would be a good pair to add simultaneously.

As a BYU fan I don't like that. Expanding that far east has to hurt our chances.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
M
Mingjai
Dcr36 wrote:
I don't understand why Mizzou is more attractive than VTech. VTech has an elite football program and delivers much of the Virginia and DC area. If I were the SEC, I'd have VTech above Mizzou on the list.



And if I were the Big XII trying to think outside the box, I'd contact VTech to gauge their interest. VTech and West Virginia would be a good pair to add simultaneously.

As a BYU fan I don't like that. Expanding that far east has to hurt our chances.


Not necessarily. BYU comes with no buy-out and can join immediately.



If the Big XII adds 1, BYU's in. If they add three, BYU, Vtech, WVU. If they add four, BYU, VTech, WVU, TCU/Louisville.
D
Dcr36
The sports beat writer for the Oklahoma newspaper just tweeted that AD Boren said Mizzou leaving is 50/50 , that the Big XII "will be fine," that the Big XII has interesst from "3 or 4 good schools," and that a team could be added in the next "week to 10 days."



At this point I have a hard time giving credence to even that.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
Believe nothing.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
A
ABYUFAN
hawkwing wrote:
Believe nothing.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Should I believe this? :skeptic:
G
Guest
ABYUFAN wrote:
Believe nothing.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Should I believe this? :skeptic:


No! :lol: :evil:
Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
hawkwing wrote:
Believe nothing.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Trust no one



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
hawkwing wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
Believe nothing.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Should I believe this? :skeptic:


No! :lol: :evil:

Should I believe the latter, then?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars
Mingjai wrote:
If the Big XII adds 1, BYU's in. If they add three, BYU, Vtech, WVU. If they add four, BYU, VTech, WVU, TCU/Louisville.

No.
C
CAFB_04-12
Mars wrote:
If the Big XII adds 1, BYU's in. If they add three, BYU, Vtech, WVU. If they add four, BYU, VTech, WVU, TCU/Louisville.

No.

Well, there you have it.
M
Mingjai
Mars wrote:
If the Big XII adds 1, BYU's in. If they add three, BYU, Vtech, WVU. If they add four, BYU, VTech, WVU, TCU/Louisville.

No.


No, the Big XII won't invite VTech, or no, the Big XII shouldn't invite VTech? I agree that they won't but I don't agree that they shouldn't.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.