frdbtr wrote:
...the rest of our schedule is cupcakes. Just wait til we play TCU, then you'll see that he's far worse than Heaps, has no upside..."
Get ready for all this crap to flow when Nelson plays well on Saturday and beyond, can't wait. :sulk:
I think this kind of statement is only relavent if we win close games against bad opponents. Last year everyone gained confidence in Heaps because he pummeled our bad opponents. I don't think anyone expected him to struggle to this level this year. That is why it is so obvious that his problem is confidence, because he has progressively gotten worse every game this year. His best game was against Texas which probably has the best defense we have seen this year.
he pummeled 2 teams and struggled against the rest of the bottom of the MWC, apparently people do not remember that part though. I did NOT buy the Heap hype before this year began. Especially when the offense struggled against the defense in fall camp like they did. Have to remember that Jake could have easily beaten Texas with all the opportunities they had but like every other game, the offense couldn't get in the endzone.
I will say, I was more impressed with Heaps performance against uofu than any other game in 2010. He was solid and looked like he was getting it together. But we haven't see that kind of play again out of him unfortunately which sort-of confirms my belief that utah just stunk last year.
Edit part 2: frdbtr, I swear I wrote that part about Heaps vs utah before I saw your post. I must have been writing it as you wrote your post. Good point, but I still think that BYU should have beaten uofu, they just weren't good and had lost how many in a row?