Archived Topic

Great Cougar Track by Wrubell

by pjmuli · 10/4/2011

Advertisement
P
pjmuli
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=498&sid=17527725" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



I really agree with his invitation for fans to not boo Heaps and not chant for Nelson.
C
Cougarpoke
BYU fans are ready for the big-time; BYU as an institution has been ready for years. A year after waiting by the phone, the big time, and the Big 12, appear to be calling.


Hmmm....smoke....or fire??
S
Schmoe
pjmuli wrote:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=498&sid=17527725



I really agree with his invitation for fans to not boo Heaps and not chant for Nelson.


I wouldn't boo Heaps, but I may boo the coaches' decision to continue to put him in games.
F
frdbtr
Schmoe wrote:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=498&sid=17527725



I really agree with his invitation for fans to not boo Heaps and not chant for Nelson.


I wouldn't boo Heaps, but I may boo the coaches' decision to continue to put him in games.


And how is Heaps, just older then a teenager, supposed to know the difference?



This is one of the main reasons, I want Heaps benched; especially this week. I fear that if he trots out as the starter the fans will boo him. How counter productive is that, when the young man is struggling with confidence?
G
Guest
Don't see a problem chanting Nelson if the moment is right. But all fans would respect all members of the team, I would hope.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
birdie702
I'd boo MJ for dropping a lot of passes. He should have banged his head with his helmet multiple times and dropped the F bomb (like JJ after he fumbled). :D Gotta love DVR. :lol:
S
Schmoe
frdbtr wrote:
pjmuli wrote:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=498&sid=17527725



I really agree with his invitation for fans to not boo Heaps and not chant for Nelson.


I wouldn't boo Heaps, but I may boo the coaches' decision to continue to put him in games.


And how is Heaps, just older then a teenager, supposed to know the difference?



This is one of the main reasons, I want Heaps benched; especially this week. I fear that if he trots out as the starter the fans will boo him. How counter productive is that, when the young man is struggling with confidence?


Is confidence what he's struggling with? I thought it was heart, toughness, and moxie. How is Heaps supposed to know? I dunno, how do the rest of the players know I'm not booing them? How does the peanut vendor know I'm not booing him? I don't know, but the methods of directly showing my displeasure as a fan from the stands are very limited, and fans' voices should be heard.
D
Dcr36
Good read. Agreed empathetically with a lot of what he said.
F
frdbtr
Schmoe wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=498&sid=17527725



I really agree with his invitation for fans to not boo Heaps and not chant for Nelson.


I wouldn't boo Heaps, but I may boo the coaches' decision to continue to put him in games.


And how is Heaps, just older then a teenager, supposed to know the difference?



This is one of the main reasons, I want Heaps benched; especially this week. I fear that if he trots out as the starter the fans will boo him. How counter productive is that, when the young man is struggling with confidence?


Is confidence what he's struggling with? I thought it was heart, toughness, and moxie. How is Heaps supposed to know? I dunno, how do the rest of the players know I'm not booing them? How does the peanut vendor know I'm not booing him? I don't know, but the methods of directly showing my displeasure as a fan from the stands are very limited, and fans' voices should be heard.


Booing your own team is classless. I don't see any justification for it. There is no place for it in college sports. These kids are just kids, trying to do their best. Heaps, while under performing, is not doing it on purpose. If he came out on the field and heard 60,000 fans booing him it would be crushing. I am not sure that Payton Manning wouldn't be negatively affected by it. If you want to voice your opinion, do it by not buying a ticket and boo your own TV all you want.
S
Schmoe
Ok, but the coaches aren't kids, and they are paid. I'm allowed to let them know that I disapprove, if you don't like it, you can stay home and watch on your tv.
Advertisement
B
blue42
frdbtr wrote:

Booing your own team is classless. I don't see any justification for it. There is no place for it in college sports. These kids are just kids, trying to do their best. Heaps, while under performing, is not doing it on purpose. If he came out on the field and heard 60,000 fans booing him it would be crushing. I am not sure that Payton Manning wouldn't be negatively affected by it. If you want to voice your opinion, do it by not buying a ticket and boo your own TV all you want.


+1 billion.



I would never boo my team as I showed staying to the end of the Utah game. Although I wouldn't put it past myself to boo everything frutah.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BPcougs
Schmoe wrote:
Ok, but the coaches aren't kids, and they are paid. I'm allowed to let them know that I disapprove, if you don't like it, you can stay home and watch on your tv.


Speaking of people that can stay home and watch on their tv, if you don't want anybody to stand up then STAY AT HOME!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
BPcougs wrote:
Ok, but the coaches aren't kids, and they are paid. I'm allowed to let them know that I disapprove, if you don't like it, you can stay home and watch on your tv.


Speaking of people that can stay home and watch on their tv, if you don't want anybody to stand up then STAY AT HOME!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Now there's something we can all get behind!
F
frdbtr
Schmoe wrote:
Ok, but the coaches aren't kids, and they are paid. I'm allowed to let them know that I disapprove, if you don't like it, you can stay home and watch on your tv.


Which brings us back to the original question of what happens when Jake hears the Boo's that are meant for the "coach" and reacts negatively since he doesn't know the difference?
S
Schmoe
frdbtr wrote:
Ok, but the coaches aren't kids, and they are paid. I'm allowed to let them know that I disapprove, if you don't like it, you can stay home and watch on your tv.


Which brings us back to the original question of what happens when Jake hears the Boo's that are meant for the "coach" and reacts negatively since he doesn't know the difference?


Then he's paying too much attention to what fans are saying and not enough attention on winning the game. I wouldn't be booing into his first snap, just as he trotted on to the field. But, how am i supposed to know if he's gonna play or not? Should I stay home just in case? I know, I'll do things my way, you can do them yours. I won't ask you to stand up during the game, you don't ask me to sit down. I won't ask you to yell when we're on D, you don't ask me to "keep it down." I won't bug you about not wearing blue, you don't bug me about my face being painted.
Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
If he comes out and completes his first several passes and scores on the first drive the booers will shut up.



And Mendenhall will have a story to tell the press. His favorite thing to talk about is about when fans boo either him or another player. I don't know why you enjoy giving him this fodder. You're not changing his mind or his decision by booing.
S
Schmoe
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
If he comes out and completes his first several passes and scores on the first drive the booers will shut up.



And Mendenhall will have a story to tell the press. His favorite thing to talk about is about when fans boo either him or another player. I don't know why you enjoy giving him this fodder. You're not changing his mind or his decision by booing.


Yeah, and I should probably stop driving my SUV and keeping my thermostat at 70 because it gives the terrorists a reason to hate me...
F
frdbtr
Schmoe wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
Ok, but the coaches aren't kids, and they are paid. I'm allowed to let them know that I disapprove, if you don't like it, you can stay home and watch on your tv.


Which brings us back to the original question of what happens when Jake hears the Boo's that are meant for the "coach" and reacts negatively since he doesn't know the difference?


Then he's paying too much attention to what fans are saying and not enough attention on winning the game. I wouldn't be booing into his first snap, just as he trotted on to the field. But, how am i supposed to know if he's gonna play or not? Should I stay home just in case? I know, I'll do things my way, you can do them yours. I won't ask you to stand up during the game, you don't ask me to sit down. I won't ask you to yell when we're on D, you don't ask me to "keep it down." I won't bug you about not wearing blue, you don't bug me about my face being painted.


So, do you think that if you had the drill seargent from "Full Metal Jacket" Screaming in your ear about how worthless you are while taking an important college test, that you would do well? Kind of similar since having a drill seargent screaming in your ear is just about as easy to ignore as 60,000 fans booing your entrance onto the field.



Schmoe, I am completely aware of ettiquete at a football game, I stand up and cheer when neccessary, I am loud when the defense is on the field and quiet when the offense is on the field. I wear Blue all day on gameday. I am not a face painter but to each his own. Just because I have a profound respect for each player and I will never boo my own guys because of that respect, doesn't make me an old fogey who doesn't know how to act at a football game. Booing your own players is classless and there is no place for it. Makes me embarrased to be a cougar when I see other cougars doing it.
C
CAFB_04-12
Schmoe wrote:
If he comes out and completes his first several passes and scores on the first drive the booers will shut up.



And Mendenhall will have a story to tell the press. His favorite thing to talk about is about when fans boo either him or another player. I don't know why you enjoy giving him this fodder. You're not changing his mind or his decision by booing.


Yeah, and I should probably stop driving my SUV and keeping my thermostat at 70 because it gives the terrorists a reason to hate me...

If you boo your own team and players then the terrorists win



Back to your regularly scheduled thread...
C
Cougarbib
Hey - not all of us old fogeeesers boo the team. I don't. But I am happy to let others decide for themselves.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.