I am going to have to disagree with Bronco on this one. I love his recruiting philosophy and his focus on execution. But I disagree on not jacking players up for big games with bulletin board material. Its a motivational technique, and sometimes all that is needed to carry a victory. Remember when Georgia rushed the field after the touchdown. They had an edge the rest of the game and beat what a lot of people considered a superior Florida team.
A lot of teams successfully use bulletin board material to get their players up for a big game. If Bronco is saying every game is the same, or the players need to be up equally for every game, I disagree. First of all, winning every game is important, no doubt. But every game is not the same. And it is impossible to be up for every game. That is why teams drop a game here and there. Up to now, this treating every game the same philosophy hasn't worked. Do you really thing the team playing Oklahoma was the same team on the field vs. FSU? I think KWhitt's and Gary Patterson's ability to get their teams up to play BYU is the reason they always have an edge on us, even when we are athletically superior.
TCU embarassed the :evil: out of us last year. We should be jacking up the players to play them.
There is a down side to this. If your players are jacked up, it can lead to making some mistakes early on in the game. However, I would trade the few early mistakes for playing with a tenacity all game long that I don't always see out of the cougars (or any team for that matter). If using bulletin board material is what it takes to do that, so be it.
Anyway, that's just my opinion.