Archived Topic

Bottom Five and respect for USU

by BoiseBYU · 10/3/2011

Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
Quite the week! We have Big 12 rumors and the West Side Story playing out on our football team!



5. Utah--I know, I know they are 2 and 2. But the Bottom Five can be forward looking and with Jordan Wynn down, this team is not even going to be bowl eligible this year....3-8 anyone?



4. TCU coach Patterson. After losing to SMU. Coach P said that the "group downstairs has to do some soul searching." TCU has grave diggers? Who knew?



3. Navy gets a mention here. I respect them and all, but in overtime they scored a touchdown only to get an excessive celebration penalty moving the extra point kick way back and then watching it get blocked...AF then scored and kicked the extra point for the win. This can still all turn out OK though, because if the Middies can remember this the next time they kick some Al Quade slime ball and not launch a missle or two in celebration, the loss will be worth it eh?



2. The Ohio State University. They lost to MSU and only scored a touchdown in the last 34 seconds of the game. In fact, before the last second touchdown drive, they had 115 or so yards for the whole game--35 of those yards (on 38 carries) came on the ground. OUCH! So since they are cheaters, they deserve razzing and a spot as number two here.



1. New Mexico. Sadly, I have confirmed that New Mexico does have a football team. They just are not any good. Last week they lost to a top ten bottom team, NMSU.



Last week I ranked USU as number one because of their ability to snatch defeat from the jaw of victory. And they lived up to that for sure. BUT in all our making fun and laughing, USU deserves something--our respect. Not only because they played their hearts out and could have esaily won the game. but because after the game, virtually the entire team went to the center of the field to congratulate BYU. In the face of such disappointment, that is the epitomy of class. It is easy to do that when you win; it cannot be easy when it is three gut wrenching losses to deal with. Coach Anderson and the team deserve our respect. Compare that to Utes who after winning stomp on our field logo...
C
Cougarbib
THIS - USU



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Gunk
I think USU is on the up. A couple of different bounces of the ball quite literally would give them a couple more wins.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
U
Ungoy
BoiseBYU wrote:
Last week I ranked USU as number one because of their ability to snatch defeat from the jaw of victory. And they lived up to that for sure. BUT in all our making fun and laughing, USU deserves something--our respect. Not only because they played their hearts out and could have esaily won the game. but because after the game, virtually the entire team went to the center of the field to congratulate BYU. In the face of such disappointment, that is the epitomy of class. It is easy to do that when you win; it cannot be easy when it is three gut wrenching losses to deal with. Coach Anderson and the team deserve our respect. Compare that to Utes who after winning stomp on our field logo...


I had no idea that Utah had done that. Stupid low class thugs. Grrrrrr...... I've been trying to become a rivalry zen master and control my feelings, but this brings them close to the surface. The Utes are a garbage team, and I hate to say it but it stems from the top, like Max said. The school, the administration, and coaches breed this contempt for BYU. It's inexcusable. The Utes will forever be engrained in the bottom 5 for me, even if they win a NC (won't ever happen).
M
mtnradio
BoiseBYU wrote:
BUT in all our making fun and laughing, USU deserves something--our respect. Not only because they played their hearts out and could have esaily won the game. but because after the game, virtually the entire team went to the center of the field to congratulate BYU. In the face of such disappointment, that is the epitomy of class. It is easy to do that when you win; it cannot be easy when it is three gut wrenching losses to deal with. Coach Anderson and the team deserve our respect. Compare that to Utes who after winning stomp on our field logo...




Agreed. The Aggies have come so VERY close this year ... and the heartbreak was palpable. They showed real heart and class ... best of luck to them the rest of the year, may the ball bounce their way!
Advertisement
C
Cougarfan87
In my mind, the way BYU and USU treat is the example of what an athletic rivalry should be. Two teams who fight tooth and nail on the field to win a game, but in the end, realize it is just an athletic contest--not life and death. I'm too far away to go to the games, but I imagine there is far less venom spewed at the USU games--home or away. Am I right in that assumption? I've never been to a game in Logan so it is just a guess. I have been to games at Rice Chex stadium, and I, for one, am not sad to see that rivalry end--I just wish we would have ended it with a convincing victory. Now I kind of feel like I did when playing a game, and someone you know you could beat wins and then runs away and says game over before you get a chance at redemption. The :utard: do not want to face us in the future--especially if a Big XII invite brings in even better recruits than we already get.



Back to the topic at hand, congrats to USU for showing some class. As such, even though it is very funny, we should probably not refer to them at the Moo Utes anymore. They are way too classy to be considered any kind of ute.
V
vancouvercougar
I'd like the :utard: rivalry to die. Let them swim at the bottom of the pac12 pool.



Start a new rivalry with USU. They will improve and be what the :utard: were in the 90's.



I'd rather have a rival that shows class (win or lose)



Here in Oregon we have the cival war (ducks vs beavers), and although the fans for each team are very strong in their support of their teams, they still respect each other.
N
nuk13
The 2nd most disapointing game I listened to this year was USU losing to Aburn. Didn't coach Mendenhal say their running back came clear up the ramp to congratulate him on the win. They just became my second favorite team, well I still like the Grizz so it may be a tie. The best to you Aggies.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.