Archived Topic

The State of Cougar Nation

by CannonCougar85 · 10/3/2011

Advertisement
C
CannonCougar85
Cougar Nation is divided. I haven't seen a debate like Heaps vs Nelson divide Cougar Nation since, well, the Heaps vs Nelson debate last year.



Based on personal observation I have noticed that every BYU fan fits into a certain category. Every single person on this board fits into one of these categories IMO.



Anti-Heaps- People in this category haven't liked Jake from the beginning. They consider him a "spoiled brat". They feel Jake acts like he is entitled and hate it how other fans have crowned Jake already.



Anti-Nelson- People in this category hate that Riley isn't a pure passing QB. They feel he isn't a typical BYU QB. People in this category typically want Riley to move to a different position.



Anti-Anti-Nelson- People in this category started off as a neutral observer of the QB controversy but have been bothered by the Anti-Nelson sentiment. They have been bothered by this so much that they have evolved into the Anti-Heaps crowd just to counteract the Anti-Nelson crowd.



The Larks- The Larks are typically Pro-Heaps/Anti-Nelson people but are willing to admit that Heaps hasn't been performing up to par. They don't think Heaps should be playing but they hate the thought of Nelson playing because he isn't a "typical BYU QB". Lark is a "typical BYU QB" so he should start ahead of Nelson.



The JUST WIN BABY Crowd- This crowd only has one person in it, you. Everybody considers themselves a JUST WIN BABY person and they believe that they are the only person who honestly feels this way. Interestingly enough nobody else would classify that person as a JUST WIN BABY person after all there is only one person in this crowd, you.
G
Guest
I just hope one day everyone else joins me in the 'Just win baby' crowd ;)
S
SpiffCoug
Don't forget about the 136 PERites. Those who say any QB not playing to that level better start playing at that level real quick or move aside.
P
pjmuli
CannonCougar85 wrote:
Cougar Nation is divided. I haven't seen a debate like Heaps vs Nelson divide Cougar Nation since, well, the Heaps vs Nelson debate last year.



Based on personal observation I have noticed that every BYU fan fits into a certain category. Every single person on this board fits into one of these categories IMO.



Anti-Heaps- People in this category haven't liked Jake from the beginning. They consider him a "spoiled brat". They feel Jake acts like he is entitled and hate it how other fans have crowned Jake already.



Anti-Nelson- People in this category hate that Riley isn't a pure passing QB. They feel he isn't a typical BYU QB. People in this category typically want Riley to move to a different position.



Anti-Anti-Nelson- People in this category started off as a neutral observer of the QB controversy but have been bothered by the Anti-Nelson sentiment. They have been bothered by this so much that they have evolved into the Anti-Heaps crowd just to counteract the Anti-Nelson crowd.



The Larks- The Larks are typically Pro-Heaps/Anti-Nelson people but are willing to admit that Heaps hasn't been performing up to par. They don't think Heaps should be playing but they hate the thought of Nelson playing because he isn't a "typical BYU QB". Lark is a "typical BYU QB" so he should start ahead of Nelson.



The JUST WIN BABY Crowd- This crowd only has one person in it, you. Everybody considers themselves a JUST WIN BABY person and they believe that they are the only person who honestly feels this way. Interestingly enough nobody else would classify that person as a JUST WIN BABY person after all there is only one person in this crowd, you.


There may be one more category out there...lets call them the "Heapsites." However, we need a TEAM and fan base without any "ites."
P
pjmuli
Wouldn't the Lark camp be called "The Anti-Heaps-Nelson-ites?"
Advertisement
S
SpoCoug
I'm confused. Didn't the Anti-Nephi-Lehies actually LIKE Nephi and Lehi?
R
redneckjedi
SpoCoug wrote:
I'm confused. Didn't the Anti-Nephi-Lehies actually LIKE Nephi and Lehi?


They did. They didn't like the people living in the LAND Nephi-Lehi, i.e., the still-wicked Lamanites.
G
Gunk
I would consider myself in the Just Win Baby Crowd. I'm quite certain, though, others would claim I'm Anti-Heaps.
B
BYUgeezer
Actually I am in the Lark camp and I like both of the other Quarter backs. I like Lark because he has a better arm than Nelson and can scramble better than Heaps. I don't feel he has ever been given a fair shake in reps. It was only in the end off fall camp that they rated Riley above him. He has been true to the team. He stayed home from his mission and burned a year of eligibility because the team didn't have a back up. He has been a positive influence on the team and does his job without complaint. And given the number of reps and playing time that Heaps has had I believe he would be much farther along. He has been in the program for 3 1/2 seasons. I think he needs some consideration. If you don't want to bet the farm on him then just give him a series or two with the first team.
C
CannonCougar85
Gunk wrote:
I would consider myself in the Just Win Baby Crowd. I'm quite certain, though, others would claim I'm Anti-Heaps.


Exactly.



Everybody would place themselves in the Just Win Baby Crowd but nobody else would place them there.



It's quite interesting how divisive this subject is to BYU fans.
Advertisement
Y
Ygridiron4ever
In reality there are only two kinds of people: those who believe there are only two kinds of people and those who don't.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
K
KYCoug
How about the "when does basketball season start" crowd!!!
C
CougarClaw
my camp is better than your camp
M
mizzoucoug
BYUgeezer wrote:
Actually I am in the Lark camp and I like both of the other Quarter backs. I like Lark because he has a better arm than Nelson and can scramble better than Heaps. I don't feel he has ever been given a fair shake in reps. It was only in the end off fall camp that they rated Riley above him. He has been true to the team. He stayed home from his mission and burned a year of eligibility because the team didn't have a back up. He has been a positive influence on the team and does his job without complaint. And given the number of reps and playing time that Heaps has had I believe he would be much farther along. He has been in the program for 3 1/2 seasons. I think he needs some consideration. If you don't want to bet the farm on him then just give him a series or two with the first team.


How do you know this about Lark? I honestly have no idea what his game is like except that he was fairly highly-touted out of high school. I support him only because Heaps needs to be benched for a while and Lark's number might be called once Nelson gets figured out.
B
blue42
I'm in I like every QB that lines up under center.



Wouldn't an anti anti nelson be like most :utard: fans? They really don't like their team they just hate the other team.
Advertisement
F
fifthqb
mizzoucoug wrote:

How do you know this about Lark? I honestly have no idea what his game is like except that he was fairly highly-touted out of high school. I support him only because Heaps needs to be benched for a while and Lark's number might be called once Nelson gets figured out.


Watched him play in High School. Watched him play in the open practices and scrimmage. I know it's not my question to answer but you spend 10 minutes watching the QB's and its obvious he has a better arm than Nelson. As for athletic stuff, he won the QB race this fal l(stamina), he played Basketball so he can move and he is the strongest QB BYU has ever had.



I can't guarantee that he would be successful but he defiantly has the tools to be.
B
BoiseBYU
I'm of that radical group In Bronco I trust. Some might call it the know nothings.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.