Archived Topic

BIG 12 Questions?

by bcsbuster · 10/3/2011

Advertisement
B
bcsbuster
I have not got my BIG 12 update I was hopeing for today therefore, I have not heard anything lately, other than everything is on hold because of MIZZOU. Is this the case and does anybody have any other insight on the topic.
G
Guest
The Big12 just voted unanimously to distribute tier 1 and 2 television rights equally.



BYU supposedly has also called a press conference for Wed.
1
1967cougar
hawkwing wrote:
The Big12 just voted unanimously to distribute tier 1 and 2 television rights equally.



BYU supposedly has also called a press conference for Wed.

Hawk, man, you're dangling bait in front of my starving pie-hole.
C
CAFB_04-12
I'd actually love to hear some baseless Big XII rumors so I have something else to read besides Heaps v. Riley threads...



:)
C
Cougarpoke
hawkwing wrote:
The Big12 just voted unanimously to distribute tier 1 and 2 television rights equally.



BYU supposedly has also called a press conference for Wed.


"Supposedly"...what does that mean? I have heard from other sources (the other chat boards) that there was a presser called for Wednesday, which would make sense considering Mizzou is to announce their intentions tomorrow. I hope BYU gets this over with this week. Don't get me wrong, I would rather talk about conference realignment than Heaps v. Nelson any day of the week. I just want this done so BYU can move on.
Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
I'd actually love to hear some baseless Big XII rumors so I have something else to read besides Heaps v. Riley threads...



:)


Funny because I was enjoying the Heaps vs Riley threads so I wouldn't have to see all those baseless Big XII rumors.
F
frdbtr
If BYU called a presser for wed, why is no one in the media reporting it. When you call a presser, don't you call all the media outlets and let them know? i thought that is what a presser was. No presser has been called.
C
Cougarpoke
vancouvercougar wrote:
I'd actually love to hear some baseless Big XII rumors so I have something else to read besides Heaps v. Riley threads...



:)


Funny because I was enjoying the Heaps vs Riley threads so I wouldn't have to see all those baseless Big XII rumors.


Personally, I wish we could be talking about an undefeated season with a Heisman hopeful...but, instead we are stuck with QB problems and the future of our program.
C
CougarClaw
Won't Big 12 be announcing the addition? Doesn't seem likely that BYU would be given that kind of press especially to a conference that needs us for legitimacy. In fact, I'd be really surprised if BYU was the announcer.



and no one is reporting a press conference which I'm sure they'd be all over. Unless you have a link I'm not seeing of course....
G
Gunk
frdbtr wrote:
If BYU called a presser for wed, why is no one in the media reporting it. When you call a presser, don't you call all the media outlets and let them know? i thought that is what a presser was. No presser has been called.


Yes, when you call a presser you call the media outlets and let them know. That's usually done via email or phone calls. Whether a journalist writes a story saying there's a press conference they've been invited to is another matter.



My guess, the Riley/Heaps debate is a hot topic right now. The more space they can fill with insights and opinions on the matter the more clicks and viewers they'll get. Putting out a story about a possible story coming out later in the week is not an effective use of space right now.



If a press conference has been called, you may hear about it tomorrow, but most likely Wed. morning.
Advertisement
S
superchargedcougar
It's depressing to even think about the QB controversy. I'd rather talk about the Big12 because things can only improve there. We either keep the status quo or join the Big12. Whatever happens it is either a step up or staying the same.
S
snoscythe
The only thing I've heard coming out BYU the last week is the same thing I've heard since A&M started getting antsy in the Big XII -- BYU has been talking to the BigXII, but the only people who know what is going on are Holmoe, Samuelson, BYU's general counsel, and the Board of Trustees. Any other "sources" are just people making (at best) guesses based upon a caller ID display or Holmoe going out for lunch without anyone else from the office.



I don't see any of those people talking out of class about what their plans are, so I don't trust for a moment a single thing any "inside source" on the BYU side of things has to say.
C
CougarClaw
snoscythe wrote:
The only thing I've heard coming out BYU the last week is the same thing I've heard since A&M started getting antsy in the Big XII -- BYU has been talking to the BigXII, but the only people who know what is going on are Holmoe, Samuelson, BYU's general counsel, and the Board of Trustees. Any other "sources" are just people making (at best) guesses based upon a caller ID display or Holmoe going out for lunch without anyone else from the office.



I don't see any of those people talking out of class about what their plans are, so I don't trust for a moment a single thing any "inside source" on the BYU side of things has to say.


Then YOU tell me why president Monson was late to conference Sat AM surrounded by Big 12 security officials? huh? Huh? HUH?
S
SpiffCoug
CougarClaw wrote:
The only thing I've heard coming out BYU the last week is the same thing I've heard since A&M started getting antsy in the Big XII -- BYU has been talking to the BigXII, but the only people who know what is going on are Holmoe, Samuelson, BYU's general counsel, and the Board of Trustees. Any other "sources" are just people making (at best) guesses based upon a caller ID display or Holmoe going out for lunch without anyone else from the office.



I don't see any of those people talking out of class about what their plans are, so I don't trust for a moment a single thing any "inside source" on the BYU side of things has to say.


Then YOU tell me why president Monson was late to conference Sat AM surrounded by Big 12 security officials? huh? Huh? HUH?

Almost CougarClaw. Almost. They weren't Big 12 security officials. They were 12 big security officials.
C
crh55
Whatever is or isn't happening, @ESPN700shep is convinced something is going down Wednesday at 4:00pm. Hope it's true and I hope the ESPN contract stays intact. It's been sweet to watch every game on the mothership this year. Way better than the MSG network the FrUtes played on last Saturday. I wish that game had been on ESPN so everyone could have seen their epic failure.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
Cougarpoke
crh55 wrote:
Whatever is or isn't happening, @ESPN700shep is convinced something is going down Wednesday at 4:00pm. Hope it's true and I hope the ESPN contract stays intact. It's been sweet to watch every game on the mothership this year. Way better than the MSG network the FrUtes played on last Saturday. I wish that game had been on ESPN so everyone could have seen their epic failure.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


His tweets are quite forceful. He, whether he has credibility or not, seems to firmly believe it is happening on Wednesday at 4. I hope we hear something today. Seems likely we would.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.