Archived Topic

Great Tweets By McGregor

by pjmuli · 10/3/2011

Advertisement
P
pjmuli
Pertaining to the Nelson / Heaps situation. When listening to the post game player interviews, I was concerned about what they were saying and the implications of their statements. The "my guys / his guys" sentiment really seems to ring true based on what we heard...and if so, then the leadership problem is not on Heaps.



Heaps just didn't perform well.
P
pjmuli
Also, I agree with McGregor that Nelson does not have the tools necessary to play at this level. There has been nothing I have seen to make me think otherwise...including the USU performance. I think the coaches know this too.
F
frdbtr
pjmuli wrote:
Also, I agree with McGregor that Nelson does not have the tools necessary to play at this level. There has been nothing I have seen to make me think otherwise...including the USU performance. I think the coaches know this too.


I think that Brandon Doman believes that if the proper game plan is put into place and the proper plays called to Nelson's strengths, that he could be very successful. I heard him say that in an interview last year.
C
Cougarbib
If either Brandon Doman or Bronco thought Nelson could not play at this level, they would have spent 2010 and the off season getting Lark or Munns ready to be the back-up.



You have seen almost every opponent this year lose their starter. Ole Miss - ineffective. They seem to have moved to #2. Texas - ineffective and injured. #2 and #3 have Texas flirting with Top 10. Utah - knocked out for a series or two by us and probably out for the season Vs UW. Utah does not have a back-up. Gonna be a long season. UCF - we banged him around good - They had a bye last week, so I don't know who they will start. USU - he was limping around at the end.



Coaches do not put a 2nd string QB in place that cannot play unless they have no one else that would be capable. And our statue QB was an injury waiting to happen even with his panicked rushed throws, because everyone was going to be coming after him.



Anae did not make Brandon pick Nelson over Heaps. Brandon did not call plays for Anae late last year. Heaps got the Nod this year because he had a year of experience, finished strong, and was expected to improve from there. Doman stated publicly more than once that Heaps had potential but was not yet as good as fans think. Doman pulled Heaps. It was not a knee-jerk reaction.



He had a heart-to-heart with Jake two weeks ago. He knew this was becoming a possibility. Nelson was used increasingly the UCF and early USU. Nelson has Doman and Mendenhall's confidence at the beat Utah, USU, SJSU level at least.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
E
EM_Puma
Who is McGregor and why do I care to read his twenty or so tweets that are flooding the box today?
Advertisement
P
pjmuli
Cougarbib2 wrote:
If either Brandon Doman or Bronco thought Nelson could not play at this level, they would have spent 2010 and the off season getting Lark or Munns ready to be the back-up.



You have seen almost every opponent this year lose their starter. Ole Miss - ineffective. They seem to have moved to #2. Texas - ineffective and injured. #2 and #3 have Texas flirting with Top 10. Utah - knocked out for a series or two by us and probably out for the season Vs UW. Utah does not have a back-up. Gonna be a long season. UCF - we banged him around good - They had a bye last week, so I don't know who they will start. USU - he was limping around at the end.



Coaches do not put a 2nd string QB in place that cannot play unless they have no one else that would be capable. And our statue QB was an injury waiting to happen even with his panicked rushed throws, because everyone was going to be coming after him.



Anae did not make Brandon pick Nelson over Heaps. Brandon did not call plays for Anae late last year. Heaps got the Nod this year because he had a year of experience, finished strong, and was expected to improve from there. Doman stated publicly more than once that Heaps had potential but was not yet as good as fans think. Doman pulled Heaps. It was not a knee-jerk reaction.



He had a heart-to-heart with Jake two weeks ago. He knew this was becoming a possibility. Nelson was used increasingly the UCF and early USU. Nelson has Doman and Mendenhall's confidence at the beat Utah, USU, SJSU level at least.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I think the coaches acknowledge that Riley will need a specific offense for him because he has yet to prove he can consistently make throws. Again, Mendenhall acknowledged this in his post game interview after the USU game.



I don't think the coaches lack confidence in Nelson, they just know his limitations.



Just to be clear, I have no problem with Riley...nor do I think that Heaps was performing at a level to justify his continued play. It would be welcomed surprise to see our offense really bloom with Nelson under center. I don't expect it...but that is why I am open to being proven wrong.
P
pjmuli
EM_Puma wrote:
Who is McGregor and why do I care to read his twenty or so tweets that are flooding the box today?


McGregor used to be a regular on this board...probably still reads, but now posts on twitter. Very credible with inside sources and great football insights.
1
1967cougar
EM_Puma wrote:
Who is McGregor and why do I care to read his twenty or so tweets that are flooding the box today?

McGregor's words could be etched on the Gold Plates - they are that accurate.
I
imuakahuku
pjmuli wrote:
Who is McGregor and why do I care to read his twenty or so tweets that are flooding the box today?


McGregor used to be a regular on this board...probably still reads, but now posts on twitter. Very credible with inside sources and great football insights.




He still "troll's" this board ;)

He'll make comments when he has something "real" to say or if it is okay to post (his sources say ok), or it won't hurt the team.
C
CougarClaw
he PROMISED he'd come back. PROMISED!!!!
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
1967cougar wrote:
Who is McGregor and why do I care to read his twenty or so tweets that are flooding the box today?

McGregor's words could be etched on the Gold Plates - they are that accurate.


Ya, AND he just tweeted that Nelson was creating factions. I called that last year and some of you blasted me for that. Nice leadership. I saw it happening while some of you were counting your fingers and toes trying to do an analysis by numbers only.

Yep, no mutiny there. A player taking over for coaches. And people ask "Why do some hate Nelson??????"
P
pjmuli
dmcougar wrote:
EM_Puma wrote:
Who is McGregor and why do I care to read his twenty or so tweets that are flooding the box today?

McGregor's words could be etched on the Gold Plates - they are that accurate.


Ya, AND he just tweeted that Nelson was creating factions. I called that last year and some of you blasted me for that. Nice leadership. I saw it happening while some of you were counting your fingers and toes trying to do an analysis by numbers only.

Yep, no mutiny there. A player taking over for coaches. And people ask "Why do some hate Nelson??????"


If this is true, then the leadership problem is Nelson. There should be zero tolerance for this behavior. McGregor even suggested that Nelson's junior high cliques contributed to Chambers difficulty.
G
Guest
pjmuli wrote:
1967cougar wrote:
Who is McGregor and why do I care to read his twenty or so tweets that are flooding the box today?

McGregor's words could be etched on the Gold Plates - they are that accurate.


Ya, AND he just tweeted that Nelson was creating factions. I called that last year and some of you blasted me for that. Nice leadership. I saw it happening while some of you were counting your fingers and toes trying to do an analysis by numbers only.

Yep, no mutiny there. A player taking over for coaches. And people ask "Why do some hate Nelson??????"


If this is true, then the leadership problem is Nelson. There should be zero tolerance for this behavior. McGregor even suggested that Nelson's junior high cliques contributed to Chambers difficulty.


If thats true, then it's dead wrong and he should be dealt with accordingly. Sadly, we've also gotten reports about Jake Heaps doing similar things, especially last year. I don't know if either reports are true, but if either are, I hope Bronco and Doman has it absolutely beaten out of them if they want to stay on the team.
C
Cougs_Rule
BUt who was going to win this war? The new, golden entitled, child? Or the verteran with established relationships. Riley has been sowing lies and drawing party lines since last summer when his "annointed status" was being seriously challenged by the new guy.

Jake cant be excused for poor performance, but he now realizes how competitive Riley was and is.

Those reports that Jake was late or not working hard summer 2010 was all part of Riley's quest for power and supremacy AND some of you on here heard it from those players and bought it.
G
Guest
dmcougar wrote:
BUt who was going to win this war? The new, golden entitled, child? Or the verteran with established relationships. Riley has been sowing lies and drawing party lines since last summer when his "annointed status" was being seriously challenged by the new guy.

Jake cant be excused for poor performance, but he now realizes how competitive Riley was and is.

Those reports that Jake was late or not working hard summer 2010 was all part of Riley's quest for power and supremacy AND some of you on here heard it from those players and bought it.

Wow, you're really going off the deep end here. So now every single crazy rumor about Riley working fiendishly behind the scenes to break up the team for his own benefit are true, while every lame rumor about Jake Heaps not working hard is not only false, but a malicious lie planted by Riley Nelson's Axis of Evil?
Advertisement
1
1967cougar
So, how do I go about following McGregor on Twitter?
R
rblack
I have never had a good opinion of the information given by the above named poster/tweeter. It is my opinion that he is not as accurate as his reputation and he has a tendency to spout off with damaging rumors from time to time. It is my kneejerk reaction to dismiss out of hand all such rumors until substantiated.
C
Cougs_Rule
hawkwing wrote:
BUt who was going to win this war? The new, golden entitled, child? Or the verteran with established relationships. Riley has been sowing lies and drawing party lines since last summer when his "annointed status" was being seriously challenged by the new guy.

Jake cant be excused for poor performance, but he now realizes how competitive Riley was and is.

Those reports that Jake was late or not working hard summer 2010 was all part of Riley's quest for power and supremacy AND some of you on here heard it from those players and bought it.

Wow, you're really going off the deep end here. So now every single crazy rumor about Riley working fiendishly behind the scenes to break up the team for his own benefit are true, while every lame rumor about Jake Heaps not working hard is not only false, but a malicious lie planted by Riley Nelson's Axis of Evil?


No, not every rumor is true. But alot of people bought Bib's representation that Jake wasnt working hard and showing up to workouts late--and thjose reports came from players or parents players, iirc.

Sadly, the only thing actually verifiable are in our football world are stats AND they speak for themselves. But, to dismiss these "rumors" by a very trusted source..........?

The sociology/psychology of this team is much harder to piece together. BUt to conclude that this team has not had leadership problems/voids; to suggest that WR's attitudes had to be called out; to watch sideline behaviors are conjecture at best; but when you start putting all the pieces together, there is "STUFF" going on that could explain why an Oline underperforms OR WR's, or RB's.

We started clicking against the pastsies last year and yet we went backward. Is this really all Jake's fault? We shall see in the coming games that the problems were not all Jake's
S
stuckinbig10country
McGregor is as credible a source as you will find on the internet.



If you look back on Riley's history, you will see every bit of a pretty boy, entitled, me first attitude from him as you have from Jake.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.