Archived Topic

Dogfights the rest of the way?

by Florwood · 10/3/2011

Advertisement
F
Florwood
In the postgame, Riley said:



'It's a dogfight,'" Nelson said. "That's just who we are and the way our schedule is set up, every game is going to be decided by a touchdown or less. We're ready for it for the rest of the season and I hope Cougar fans are too, because this is how it's going to be."



Really? Win by less than a TD over SJSU, NMSU, ISU, UI...now THAT will be frustrating. I'm hoping he didn't really mean it.



On the other hand, major props to Nelson for sparking the team to victory Saturday.
D
Dcr36
I'd rather have my team believing that every game is going to be a tooth-and-nail dogfight than thinking that they can look past certain opponents.
B
BroncoBot
Dcr36 wrote:
I'd rather have my team believing that every game is going to be a tooth-and-nail dogfight than thinking that they can look past certain opponents.

OR talking about national championships like they grow on trees in provo before the season has even begun following a 7-6 campaign of mediocrity.



And this years team hasn't shown me much to believe that ANY game will be a blowout. Nelson is the biggest spark we've seen and as others have mentioned, teams will figure him out and make life difficult for the offense. It will be fun to see (or frustrating) what how the coaches respond when teams have the offense of Nelson figured out.



Also I think it's wise not to give bulletin material to teams that actually might have a shot against the cougars. Patterson has to be looking for motivation about now.
C
Cougarbib
Managing expectations. Jake set expectations he and the team could not meet. That might have contributed to playing so uptight that we got creamed by Utah and nearly lost to USU twice.



Most of these games will be dogfights - unless the rising tide lifts all of the boats for four quarters as high as he lifted them for 1/3 Friday. Jake Heaps would have lost some of those dogfights,



SJSU = USU



I doubt Riley is looking any further ahead than that. Neither am I. I am excited about BYU football this week. The rising tide even lifted the activity on this board. There was actually something positive to talk about.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.