Archived Topic

Benched

by Cougy_Monster · 10/1/2011

Advertisement
C
Cougy_Monster
Nelson has been riding the pine behind a younger player. But when given the chance to play he stepped up without any psychological fallout from his time on the bench.



I hear lots of people express concern that Heaps being benched will mess with his head. I don't know what'll happen but I think he should be a better QB in the end. And really,if a player can't handle being benched then he'll never win the respect of all the other players on the team who have spent time there.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
mizzoucoug
Whoever thinks that is a fool and probably doesn't really know anything about sports. Heaps should not see the football field until 2013 to get his head straight and figure out how to actually play this game. This benching will be the best move in his career in the end. You'll see. In 4 years he'll be saying how good and humbling it was for him to ride the pine.
S
SpiffCoug
When I was finishing my broadcast degree, I had a beginner's reporters class. It was pretty hard for me and like nothing I'd done before. The producers were always asking me for my stories be done this way or that way. It didn't make any sense to me.



My next semester I was in the producers class. All of a sudden, I was the one asking for the stories this way or that. I understood why I was being asked what I was.



When I took my advanced reporting class, I totally aced it and the producers loved my stories and how I told them.



Getting away for a while was beneficial for me.



Is there a football analogy in there? Maybe.
B
BYUROCKS
mizzoucoug wrote:
Whoever thinks that is a fool and probably doesn't really know anything about sports. Heaps should not see the football field until 2013 to get his head straight and figure out how to actually play this game. This benching will be the best move in his career in the end. You'll see. In 4 years he'll be saying how good and humbling it was for him to ride the pine.




Yup, this guy is a troll.
S
Schmoe
BYUROCKS wrote:
Whoever thinks that is a fool and probably doesn't really know anything about sports. Heaps should not see the football field until 2013 to get his head straight and figure out how to actually play this game. This benching will be the best move in his career in the end. You'll see. In 4 years he'll be saying how good and humbling it was for him to ride the pine.




Yup, this guy is a troll.


I normally appreciate your posts, BYUROCKS, but this whole Heaps v Nelson thing seems to have messed with your emotions. Maybe take the rest of the weekend to cool off and then come back?
Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
BYUROCKS wrote:
Whoever thinks that is a fool and probably doesn't really know anything about sports. Heaps should not see the football field until 2013 to get his head straight and figure out how to actually play this game. This benching will be the best move in his career in the end. You'll see. In 4 years he'll be saying how good and humbling it was for him to ride the pine.




Yup, this guy is a troll.


Nice to know I'm being trolled...do you have a cogent opinion or should I assume your dad had to take you out to ice cream to calm you down after last week's beatdown?
D
Ddawg
BYUROCKS wrote:
Whoever thinks that is a fool and probably doesn't really know anything about sports. Heaps should not see the football field until 2013 to get his head straight and figure out how to actually play this game. This benching will be the best move in his career in the end. You'll see. In 4 years he'll be saying how good and humbling it was for him to ride the pine.




Yup, this guy is a troll.


You noticed that too? I've been watching Mizzocoug for quite a while now - I knew he was up to something. He disguises his "trolling" pretty good - kinda sneaky - deceptive. But I just kept watching ..... and watching ...... and watching! LOL!

:whistle:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.