Archived Topic

Favorite play/part of the USU game.

by BroncoBot · 10/1/2011

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Thought it was cool seeing what ya'll gleaned from the UCF football game. Thought we could do it again for USU.



First some random thoughts about the game that I almost posted in another "thoughts" thread but didn't want to thread-jack.

1. HUGE defensive stop after the JJ fumble that no one is talking about. Just huge.

2. Stephenson, after a nice game against UCF, went back to his mediocre punting. Hopefully BYU can keep him on the sidelines more so that the

3. Hope Apo is OK and isn't damaged psychologically. We need that guy in top shape against TCU.

4. To quote Disney's Robin Hood "You have to admit it. They are getting better." USU that is. Gary Anderson has done a respectable job with that program and they literally inches and seconds away from an undefeated season. Ouch.



Now, favorite part of the game last night. 4th down conversions. It was nice to see Bronco lay it all on the line and pressure the Aggie defense to keep up. And I think BYU converted every last one that they attempted. Good stuff.
W
Wickchad
My favorite block of the game was on the 4th down conversion at the start of the game near the goal line where Nelson came in to run the ball. I rewatched the game last night and saw Kariya lead blocking around the end. There was a linebacker coming in to make the play and Kariya absolutely decleated him. It was beautiful. Out of all of our running backs I think that Kariya shows the most heart and we are going to miss him when he graduates more than we know. Also I can't remember the last time he fumbled.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.