Archived Topic

Playmaker

by Gunk · 10/1/2011

Advertisement
G
Gunk
I had to dvr the game. I almost went to bed but decided to see it through. Bottom line, Riley Nelson is a player maker. Heaps is not. I saw more play making from Riley in his quarter and a half of play then I'd seen all year from Heaps. Our offense was void of play makers till Riley took to the field.



A little heart, mixed in with some determination and a bit of luck and out comes big time plays.



I'm really looking forward to watching him play again.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
And add that one playmaker into the mix and suddenly we had all kinds of playmakers. Hoffman making diving grabs. McKay coming back across the field to make a play. Matthews with his head up on a tipped pass coming down with it. Kariya getting flipped over for a few extra yards.
G
Gunk
SpiffCoug wrote:
And add that one playmaker into the mix and suddenly we had all kinds of playmakers. Hoffman making diving grabs. McKay coming back across the field to make a play. Matthews with his head up on a tipped pass coming down with it. Kariya getting flipped over for a few extra yards.


A little hope makes a world of difference. Defense played better too.



If you're a player and you know odds are the QB is going to move down the field and end up botching all your hard work I'm sure you're less likely to make that extra effort. Inject someone that is going to do whatever it takes to get the job done (loved watching Riley reckless abandonment) and suddenly you're excited. There's hope. There's something worth playing for.
N
nuk13
I agree with you guys. A lot of people think it was luck that Nelson had people catching balls and if they'd have just done that with the other guy we'd have that all american qb. Your point is clear and well taken, they didn't drop balls with Nelson and even caught a ball that had been tipped. The whole team played better and under that pile was Riley Nelson. If that is luck I'll vote for that!
C
crh55
Gunk wrote:
I had to dvr the game. I almost went to bed but decided to see it through. Bottom line, Riley Nelson is a player maker. Heaps is not. I saw more play making from Riley in his quarter and a half of play then I'd seen all year from Heaps. Our offense was void of play makers till Riley took to the field.



A little heart, mixed in with some determination and a bit of luck and out comes big time plays.



I'm really looking forward to watching him play again.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


True, our offense scored 2 TDs in the same (4th) quarter! It's pretty freaking sad, but It hadn't happened this entire year, until Reilly got in.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
crh55 wrote:
I had to dvr the game. I almost went to bed but decided to see it through. Bottom line, Riley Nelson is a player maker. Heaps is not. I saw more play making from Riley in his quarter and a half of play then I'd seen all year from Heaps. Our offense was void of play makers till Riley took to the field.



A little heart, mixed in with some determination and a bit of luck and out comes big time plays.



I'm really looking forward to watching him play again.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


True, our offense scored 2 TDs in the same (4th) quarter! It's pretty freaking sad, but It hadn't happened this entire year, until Reilly got in.



Coulda been three - maybe next week



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.