Archived Topic

Tickets to the Bench Heaps Post-game Bus--must claim pregame

by Cougs_Rule · 9/30/2011

Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Thats right. I'm offering a free ticket but you must claim your ticket before tonight's game results.

Claim your ticket based on your prediction of Heaps' performance. No waiting until after the game. No "re-voting." If you want on, (which means you predict he performs poorly AND you want him out) stand up and be a man! Some of you have been waiting for this bus and already pre-purchased your seat.

If you prefer anonymity, go ahead and vote without posting.

If you are not getting on the "Bench Heaps bus" after the game, even if he has another average showing or even if we lose, then vote and state your reasons.

Im also looking for a driver. I'd nominate Sno or Spiff, but taking other nominations and/or volunteers.



ps. Word has it that Riley Nelson will be the featured speaker. ;-)
D
Dcr36
I'm confused by my options. I'm not the the bus, I don't want to be on the bus, but I'm not going to wait until SJSU to get on the bus if Heaps plays poorly. I don't think Heaps is going to have a bad game, simply because I don't think USU is that good. But if he does, by all means, I'll add my voice to the clamor.



Heaps should be on thin ice for the next couple games.
G
Guest
dmcougar wrote:
Thats right. I'm offering a free ticket but you must claim your ticket before tonight's game results.

Claim your ticket based on your prediction of Heaps' performance. No waiting until after the game. No "re-voting." If you want on, (which means you predict he performs poorly AND you want him out) stand up and be a man! Some of you have been waiting for this bus and already pre-purchased your seat.

If you prefer anonymity, go ahead and vote without posting.

If you are not getting on the "Bench Heaps bus" after the game,even if he has another average showing or even if we lose, then vote and state your reasons.

Im also looking for a driver. I'd nominate Sno or Spiff, but taking other nominations and/or volunteers.



ps. Word has it that Riley Nelson will be the featured speaker. ;-)


I would love it if Heaps had an average showing. That would mean he gets a 136 PER. Sadly, he's been a below average QB most of his career.



Heaps can and should stay the starter if he has a strong first half, if not, he should ride the pine.
M
mizzoucoug
I'm on the bus. I think he needs time off to not be "the chosen one" for a while. He has way too much pressure on him right now and his terrible play thus far in his career is not helping things. Mentally, which is what this is all about, he'll be better off for having watched the game from the sidelines for a while to re-learn the game. Nothing good comes from repeating bad habits because you're constantly playing--sometimes you just need to sit back and take a break so you can play the game in your head and make the necessary adjustments.



Unfortunately, we're playing some bad teams in the near future and his stats will likely improve, thus giving the coaching staff undue confidence in his abilities...
C
CrimsonCoug
Heaps isn't playing horribly (pretending the U game never happened--and that was certainly not all on him; it takes a whole team effort to lose that badly), he just isn't playing great. Until he starts playing horribly, he's still a better option than Nelson. :gross:
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I'm claiming my ticket because if he's not average (136PER) he should be benched. However, I don't think I'll need to be getting on the bus as I think Heaps will play well tonight. Which for him will be an "average" game. So right now, a great game from Heaps will be the equivalent of an average game for BYU QBs the last decade.
S
Schmoe
I'm on the bus. Heaps isn't getting it done. People like to bag on Riley, but he played as well injured as a healthy Heaps last year. Hell, maybe Lark is a gamer, who knows? Jake has an upside, but his lack of game maturity and consistency have been enough to merit giving a shot to someone else (which I realize scares people because of last year, but I'm not recommending a 2 qb system here).
C
Cougarbib
hawkwing wrote:
Thats right. I'm offering a free ticket but you must claim your ticket before tonight's game results.

Claim your ticket based on your prediction of Heaps' performance. No waiting until after the game. No "re-voting." If you want on, (which means you predict he performs poorly AND you want him out) stand up and be a man! Some of you have been waiting for this bus and already pre-purchased your seat.

If you prefer anonymity, go ahead and vote without posting.

If you are not getting on the "Bench Heaps bus" after the game,even if he has another average showing or even if we lose, then vote and state your reasons.

Im also looking for a driver. I'd nominate Sno or Spiff, but taking other nominations and/or volunteers.



ps. Word has it that Riley Nelson will be the featured speaker. ;-)


I would love it if Heaps had an average showing. That would mean he gets a 136 PER. Sadly, he's

been a below average QB most of his career.

Heaps can and should stay the starter if he has a strong first half, if not, he should ride the pine.


This. Can we vote again at half or get another option that says bench him at half-time or sooner if he is playing scared and throwing erratically. I would volunteer to drive that bus, but Hawk went first, so he should have first dibs on the drivers seat.



I have no idea how Jake will do. Nobody does. If he settles down, he should be fine. If he is

jumpy - he won't be. The problem is not his arm. It works fine. The problem is head and heart.



If Jake comes out on fire and gets us a big lead, I will volunteer to drive the sit Jake and develop a back-up QB bus. I seem to have first dibs on that seat.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
Brayden Green
i don't get where people say that the problem is Jake's heart. Where is that evidence?



I have never seen him give up on a game yet, and I have seen WR's, TE's, and even the entire defense give up on games and plays, going back to last year.



I think you might mean "nerves" when you say heart, and that is mental - not emotional.
I
Isola
I'm not on the bus, but it isn't because I love Heaps performance so far.



I am not a Riley Nelson believer and I don't want him playing QB.



And I don't think the coaches have prepared Lark or Munns to play. At least in camp combined they got maybe half the reps that Heaps got. I think we can win the next two games with Heaps playing as he has, but I am not sure Lark or Munns has been prepared to replace him in case of injury or benching.



This is a big worry to me seeing as each team we have played this year has been forced to use multiple QBs due to injury or performance.



If there is a Start Riley Nelson Bus, I'm not getting on it.

If there is a Start Lark or Munns Bus, I'm not ready for it yet.

But if there is a Get Lark or Munns Ready To Play Bus, then I'll take those tickets.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
CrimsonCoug wrote:
Heaps isn't playing horribly (pretending the U game never happened--and that was certainly not all on him; it takes a whole team effort to lose that badly), he just isn't playing great. Until he starts playing horribly, he's still a better option than Nelson. :gross:

By which measure isn't he playing horribly? PER? Yep, pretty horrible. Completion percentage? 55.6% is sub-standard. TD:INT ration? 3:5 is very poor. W-L record: 2-2 isn't horrible, but some better QB play and we're 3-1 minimum. Passing Yards per game? 214 is very mediocre. So please, do tell, how isn't he playing horribly (even if you discount the Utah game?)
S
SpiffCoug
Since I'm apparently a driver on the bus:



All aboard! Next Stop: San Jose St!
S
Schmoe
Isola wrote:



I am not a Riley Nelson believer and I don't want him playing QB.





If there is a Start Riley Nelson Bus, I'm not getting on it.


And now? :crazy:
M
mizzoucoug
I was the first to jump on board...what did I win?
C
Cougarfan87
Has the bus left yet, or is it too late to get on? I really didn't see this coming.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
You're ok. The next game is a home game, so the bus isn't really travelling anywhere this week.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.