Archived Topic

Poll: How confident are you we beat USU?

by hawkwing · 9/29/2011

Advertisement
G
Guest
Please imagine as if you were putting something extremely valuable on the line here, either money, your pride, or the life of your children. Where would you put the odds of a BYU victory?
C
Cougs_Rule
Until this teams shows something better, got to go with the slight advantage based on home field. Ags small blood. Anderson senses a very huge opportunity for his team to take down the Cougs two years in a row.
F
fifthqb
100%. My lock of the week. A shoe in. Guarantee of the week. 10 on my confidence level. Take this one to the bank.



Alright I'm not that confident but I got a great feeling about this game. A coach got fired after his loss to Utah State last year. If there is one team that it is absolutely unacceptable to lose to, its the aggies. Bronco will, WILL this team to victory. Heaps will play good enough not to lose the game and the defense is going to shut the run down early and force their young QB into mistakes.
M
MojoCougar
Had to go with slight favorite, until they show me that they won't find a way to give it away. How many of you expected a 40+ point beat down two weeks ago? If they aren't motivated to win this one big, they better find something else to do this fall.
A
ABYUFAN
I went with "Chances are good" although to be honest, I'm camping on the beach tomorrow evening with the family, so even if things go bad, I'm still at the beach! :P
Advertisement
G
Gunk
Went with 65 - 80% range. We lose this game if don't take care of things on offense. Our defense will hold em, but if our offense flounders we're going to be in for a long night.
C
Cougarbib
I guess that makes me the realist or the pessimist - definitely not the optimist in respondents so far. 50/50. Dead Heat. Tough to call - unless the tide rises.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
Ball4
I'm in Vegas...and I get asked about BYU every week by co workers. My philosophy has always been...NEVER BET ON OR AGAINST YOUR OWN TEAM. So I usually don't answer or I always say..."Stay away from that game" This particular one is at -7 1/2 in the books and I have actually started telling those that ask that I lean towards USU and the points when people ask. BYU just hasn't shown anything on O yet to change that. They SHOULD win this game, but will they cover? My guess...NO. If I were a betting man.
B
Brayden Green
BYU will win, will cover and will win by 20 points or more this game.



If there ever was a game Bronco wanted and needed to win, it is this game.
B
BroncoBot
BlueIsBetter wrote:
BYU will win, will cover and will win by 20 points or more this game.



If there ever was a game Bronco wanted and needed to win, it is this game.

I thought UCF was the must win game. Got that done.



I think we beat USU, but it's going to be another close, dragged out, beat down, defense on the field for extended periods of time etc etc etc. Hope I'm wrong but losing optimism. USU has looked "ok" but not great. UCF is probably on par with USU, meaning BYU is better, but not good enough to write it off as a win at this point. These are the types of games that can go either way with the emotion involved and the fragility of the cougar offense.



USU is always hungry for a win against BYU, let's hope that this year BYU wants to return the favor in provo. We sure didn't show up against utah, and that has me a little worried.
Advertisement
G
Guest
By the way, if the poll bars are not showing up blue on your screen, make sure you clear your cache and refresh your screen.
S
Schmoe
This is the most pessimistic I can ever remember being about a BYU football team, ever.
G
Guest
Very interesting results here. Looks like most people are cautiously optimistic.



Those people who voted 'there is no chance BYU will lose' will have their accounts deleted and be banned forever from here if we lose. -- I had to make it really count, after all!



(just kidding)
B
Ball4
BlueIsBetter wrote:
BYU will win, will cover and will win by 20 points or more this game.



If there ever was a game Bronco wanted and needed to win, it is this game.


Not if Bronco treated this "Just like any other game." :munch:
D
Dcr36
Kinda bummed we don't have least one vote for 0%.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.