Archived Topic

Riley should be starting Friday Nite

by hypercoug · 9/29/2011

Advertisement
H
hypercoug
...For the aggies.



I feel bad for Riley - he's a good kid and a good athlete, and was a good fit up there in Logan. It was his hometown and he was already the hometown hero after leading Logan to the high school state championship over Lark.



It was nice that BYU got him and he is a reliable backup, but he just isn't the right style of QB to plug into the system here. He could have had a fun college career and a lot of success at USU, so IMO its too bad that didn't happen for him. I am sure as he stands on the sidelines friday night, some of those thoughts will be going through this head. He should be out there playing.



Not sure why I have all this sympathy for him as I've never met him or anything, I guess I just feel bad since I look at him and see an opportunity wasted - a guy that could have had some great memories of his college football days, but now will just have memories consisting of mostly sitting on the sidelines.
T
tmoney35
I actually have those same thoughts when I look at Riley. Hopefully he had more reasons for coming to BYU than just because he wanted to be the starting QB. BYU has a lot to offer outside of football that USU doesn't.
B
byufan4ever
hypercoug wrote:

he's a good kid and a good athlete,


So, let's start him for the Cougars. He's good enough, but some people will not believe not matter what. Nothing can be done to convince the fans who at first hated him and now feel sorry for him...



I like Riley, in fact, I like all of our QBs. Heaps has the biggest upside, but you can only play people based on potential for so long.
F
fifthqb
I would say Jake has a decent upside. He doesn't seem to have that "huge arm" everyone talked about and he is not that athletic. I'm not sure where the huge upside is being seen. If anything I would say Munn's has the biggest upside (and the longest way to go to get there). But the guy is HUGE. That spells upside to me... Heaps has always been praised for his "poise" and "polish". I think its easier to learn polish than it is to learn how to be a freak athletically (Lark).
C
Cougarbib
BYU needs to let the Cat out of the bag early and often tomorrow night and when Riley gets a chance to throw one - he needs to nail it.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.