Tuiaki's comments on the Coordinator's Corner

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Tuiaki's comments on the Coordinator's Corner

Post by hawkwing »

It looks like Tuiaki lives by the old adage, if you reach the bottom, start digging.

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Tuiaki's comments on the Coordinator's Corner

Post by SpiffCoug »

It's a very telling comment. It shows no self-awareness and it shows no ability to fix problems even if they're being identified.

In the post-game, Kalani said that everything needs to get better. That's a comment from a coach that has no clue how to 1) identify what's wrong, 2) prioritize the areas that will yield the greatest and quickest improvement, and 3) then improve on those identified and prioritized areas.

The coaching staff is at a complete loss as to what to do. And the results show. It's why BYU has been outscored 27-0 in the 4th quarter the last two games. It's why we've been outscored 100-57 in the 2nd half this season.

The coaches don't know what to do.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Ungoy
All-American

Post by Ungoy »

At first I thought that this staff just sucked at making in game adjustments. Then I saw that the staff uses the same schemes from game to game with little to no adjustment. This is not a team that gameplans. They don't scout out an opponent's vulnerabilities and try to exploit them. Tuiaki lucked out against USC because his vanilla defense worked against USC's offense. I hate to sound like I'm quoting Whittingham, but Sitake and Tuiaki did nothing special to stop USC. They didn't sceme against them and try to exploit them. They lucked into the right defensive set for that game.

BYU is losing games because of their inability to game plan, and make adjustments to their scheme in game and week to week. Opposing teams know exactly what BYU's going to do, and prepare accordingly.

Sitake and his staff have no idea how to fix the problem, even if they are able to identify it. I'm not even sure they can do that, cause every week it's more of the same "I'll need to watch film to see where we went wrong".

BYU needs to clean house and start over. Sitake just can't get it done.

BroncoBot
Retired

Post by BroncoBot »

Tuiaki also lucked into a freshman QB and a scheme that was difficult for said freshman QB vs USC. It wasn't planning against USC.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

I can't disagree with anything said here, but I am just being negative.

BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

frdbtr wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:59 am I can't disagree with anything said here, but I am just being negative.
Well, you could have been more positive and simply said I agree with everything said here. See? Easy!