Last year my brother in law from Philadelphia sent

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
jadesroom
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Last year my brother in law from Philadelphia sent

Post by jadesroom »

Me a lot of BYU gear for Christmas. Until recently I was hoping for more of the same this year. Today he asked my wife what I wanted for Christmas. When she related the message to me, I said send me some Temple University gear. They're pretty good in both football and basketball. I don't have a strong dislike for Temple so I don't feel like I'm dropping BYU for an enemy school. It's just that my BYU fandom is in a funk and i want to be connected with a winner. Sad.

KingCoug
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Last year my brother in law from Philadelphia sent

Post by KingCoug »

jadesroom wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:11 pm Me a lot of BYU gear for Christmas. Until recently I was hoping for more of the same this year. Today he asked my wife what I wanted for Christmas. When she related the message to me, I said send me some Temple University gear. They're pretty good in both football and basketball. I don't have a strong dislike for Temple so I don't feel like I'm dropping BYU for an enemy school. It's just that my BYU fandom is in a funk and i want to be connected with a winner. Sad.
Sounds kind of bandwagonish. Assuming you have any connection to Temple to begin with.

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
jadesroom
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Last year my brother in law from Philadelphia sent

Post by jadesroom »

KingCoug wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:33 pm
jadesroom wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:11 pm Me a lot of BYU gear for Christmas. Until recently I was hoping for more of the same this year. Today he asked my wife what I wanted for Christmas. When she related the message to me, I said send me some Temple University gear. They're pretty good in both football and basketball. I don't have a strong dislike for Temple so I don't feel like I'm dropping BYU for an enemy school. It's just that my BYU fandom is in a funk and i want to be connected with a winner. Sad.
Sounds kind of bandwagonish. Assuming you have any connection to Temple to begin with.
I've been a BYU fan ever since attending my first football game, BYU vs. CSU, on a Friday night during Gifford Nielson's junior year. My kids' first three words, in no set order, are mama, daddy, and BYU. I try to attend the football games that my schedule and budget allow me to attend. The most prominent color in my wardrobe is blue, and much of my apparel has a BYU logo. In short, I'm not a BYU bandwagoner.

Temple is another story. My only connection is that I have family in the Philadelphia area. Tonight's BYU basketball game did nothing to reignite my fandom. On the other hand, I have no idea how Temple did tonight or who they played. :-)