revote 2016

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
BroncoBot
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

revote 2016

Post by BroncoBot »

Trumpers/Never Trumpers/Hillary fans/Ron Paul fans/Cruz fans

Are there any out there who would have changed their vote from November 16? Anyone brave enough to tell us about it and why?

Thanks in advance to any brave souls who step forward.

My vote came down to crap chute Trump and who I felt was a legitimate threat to the USA in Hillary. I'm still glad I voted from Trump, glad he was elected, glad for the good things he's done including stocking the courts with more conservatives and at least one good supreme court justice. North Korea has been working out well. We could see the mullahs fall in Iran at some point in the next few years.

However, politically, I have many disagreements with trump.

ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: revote 2016

Post by ABYUFAN »

I'm in California - So I was in a unique position that my vote for president would be 100% irrelevant. I wrote in a friend from church as a goof for her birthday, and then posted it on Facebook. I'd do it all over again if I had the choice.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

No change, my state of Oregon did not matter. So I voted for the guy from Utah, what's his name. No change.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

scott715 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 1:43 pm No change, my state of Oregon did not matter. So I voted for the guy from Utah, what's his name. No change.
McMullen. He was my vote, which I would do again. That being said, as much as I dislike Trump I'm glad he beat Hillary.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
SpiffCoug
TV Analyst

Post by SpiffCoug »

No change. I didn't vote for Trump. I probably wouldn't vote for McMullin as he showed himself to be much further on the Left after the election than he purported himself to be prior to. He began to be much more anti-Trump than anything - where everything Trump does is wrong.

So I probably wouldn't vote for anyone on the ballot.

And like Mars, I'm so glad Hillary didn't win.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

I didn't vote for Trump. I wouldn't ever vote for Trump. I would write in Mitt Romney as my first choice. If I had to pick someone on the ballot I'd vote for Evan McMullen or that crackpot Libertarian guy, Johnson?

nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

I voted for Mr. Trump and I would not change. He has been good for the economy. He hasn't let other nations bully us. I read opinions that we are not held in high esteem by other nations (probably because he isn't doling out our money to them). That doesn't bother me as I live here not there. I am also glad he beat Hilary.

Cougarfan87
All-American

Post by Cougarfan87 »

hawkwing wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:25 pm I didn't vote for Trump. I wouldn't ever vote for Trump. I would write in Mitt Romney as my first choice. If I had to pick someone on the ballot I'd vote for Evan McMullen or that crackpot Libertarian guy, Johnson?
Hey! I voted for that crackpot and I would do it again. He seemed like the best candidate at the time. And nothing has changed my mind about that.

Though between Hillary and Trump, I am glad Trump won if for nothing else than to get conservative supreme court justices. They impact our lives far more than any other government employee.

Ninety-five percent of the lawyers make the other five percent of us look bad.
hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Cougarfan87 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 2:43 pm
hawkwing wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:25 pm I didn't vote for Trump. I wouldn't ever vote for Trump. I would write in Mitt Romney as my first choice. If I had to pick someone on the ballot I'd vote for Evan McMullen or that crackpot Libertarian guy, Johnson?
Hey! I voted for that crackpot and I would do it again. He seemed like the best candidate at the time. And nothing has changed my mind about that.

Though between Hillary and Trump, I am glad Trump won if for nothing else than to get conservative supreme court justices. They impact our lives far more than any other government employee.
I don't disagree with you there. I think we'd be in a very different place if Hillary won, in some ways better, in many ways worse, but my conscious would never allow me to vote for either Hillary or Trump.

crazycougar84601
BLUEshirt

Post by crazycougar84601 »

I voted McMullen

I don't think i would change it today. I was in the same camp as the rest of you. Very happy Hillary didn't win. My petty side is glad trump is president and makes all the liberal go absolutely bananas (love the video compilations on youtube showing all the "experts" picking hillary by a landslide with election night coverage of the massive implosion). But at the end of the day i just couldn't vote for Trump or Hillary as neither seemed the lesser of two evils.

I'm hoping the GOP got a wake up call on what future candidates the PEOPLE want, not who they own.