Welcome back, Anae

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Welcome back, Anae

Post by hawkwing »

Robert Anae rejoins the Cougars as the Offensive Coordinator and Line Coach.

Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: Welcome back, Anae

Post by Ddawg »

Serious?????? Dayumn!!!!!!! :bug:

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

Also suggesting that Doman remains as QB coach, I would have rather seen him transfer to a desk job in the athletic department, under Holmoe, but such is life.

Isola
Sophomore

Post by Isola »

I would welcome him back. I was not real eager to see him go in the first place.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

I'm not sure what I think of this. He is a very good Oline coach so I am excited about that. He did a good job at Ocoordinator but was run our of town on a rail 2 years ago. Is this Bronco giving the finger to the boosters and telling them to not meddle with his team anymore?

beauso79
All-American

Post by beauso79 »

hawkwing wrote:Also suggesting that Doman remains as QB coach, I would have rather seen him transfer to a desk job in the athletic department, under Holmoe, but such is life.
Really wish Detmer would have become the QB coach. This helps our O-line but not much else. It's like we're going back in time. Is Heaps on his way back??? ;)

Lawboy
Over-Achiever

Post by Lawboy »

Personally, I am more excited to see Coach Anae working with the Oline. He had Arizona's looking really good. That is issue #1.

Isola
Sophomore

Post by Isola »

frdbtr wrote:I'm not sure what I think of this. He is a very good Oline coach so I am excited about that. He did a good job at Ocoordinator but was run our of town on a rail 2 years ago. Is this Bronco giving the finger to the boosters and telling them to not meddle with his team anymore?
The word is that Anae really did leave on his own last time, and at least wasn't run out of town by the school.

Honestly, if Bronco is giving the bird to the boosters, I wouldn't blame him. There is little doubt that the offense took a step back going from Anae to Doman, and I expect it to improve under Anae's return.

I hope Doman sticks around and keeps on progressing. I think Doman has real potential, but needs more time to develop.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Isola wrote:I would welcome him back. I was not real eager to see him go in the first place.
+1. I remember posting "be careful what you wish for." I like this move bringing Robert Anae back.

Also, I like Brandon Doman. I think he is dedicated, smart, and worked his tail off. He still needs tutelage and time to develop. I think Brandon Doman will be a very good OC - someday.

But, as it is in many things - performing at a very high, excellent level, is much more difficult than it looks. All the little nuances, adjustments, the tweaks and insights that you cannot learn from a book. It takes years to develop "it." Most never get it.

I think Brandon developed a new respect for Anae over the last 2 years. I think Round #2 for Anae and Doman will be smooth and productive. They both have an appreciation and understanding for each other, and the job, that was not there before.

I expect good things. I am shocked. I did not think Anae would come back. See - respect the power and pull of the "Cougar Eat!" :lol:
Last edited by Ddawg on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

frdbtr
Over-Achiever

Post by frdbtr »

Isola wrote:
frdbtr wrote:I'm not sure what I think of this. He is a very good Oline coach so I am excited about that. He did a good job at Ocoordinator but was run our of town on a rail 2 years ago. Is this Bronco giving the finger to the boosters and telling them to not meddle with his team anymore?
The word is that Anae really did leave on his own last time, and at least wasn't run out of town by the school.

Honestly, if Bronco is giving the bird to the boosters, I wouldn't blame him. There is little doubt that the offense took a step back going from Anae to Doman, and I expect it to improve under Anae's return.

I hope Doman sticks around and keeps on progressing. I think Doman has real potential, but needs more time to develop.
Anae was run out of town by our high level boosters. The reason he "thought it was time" was because of the boosters. That is why I said he was "run out of town". It all becomes more clear why Famika stayed at BYU now though, obviously Robert did have a good relationship with Bronco.