Was it just me, . . . . ?

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Schmoe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Was it just me, . . . . ?

Post by Schmoe »

I thought "Happy Feet" was one of the dumbest movies ever.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

mcgregor wrote:
Mars wrote:
Wasn't the first TCU defensive call with Nelson in the game a corner blitz?

I don't remember seeing many TCU backups playing. They had Dalton still in late in the 4th.
To answer this question I'd have to go back and watch the game. That's not something I'm willing to do.
Ouch - true!!

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Schmoe wrote:I thought "Happy Feet" was one of the dumbest movies ever.
What do you have against penguins?

You know, in 6.25 years all the penguins in the world will have drowned...

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

Mars wrote:
Schmoe wrote:I thought "Happy Feet" was one of the dumbest movies ever.
What do you have against penguins?

You know, in 6.25 years all the penguins in the world will have drowned...
Haha, I liked "March of the Penguins," it was coherent, knew what kind of movie it wanted to be, and didn't shamelessly push the liberal agenda.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Schmoe wrote: Haha, I liked "March of the Penguins," it was coherent, knew what kind of movie it wanted to be, and didn't shamelessly push the liberal agenda.
MORGAN FREEMAN:
"I wish I could tell you that the penguins fought the good fight, and the Sea Lions let them be. I wish I could tell you that - but Antarctica is no fairy-tale world. "

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
BoiseBYU
All Star

Post by BoiseBYU »

Mars wrote: MORGAN FREEMAN:
"I wish I could tell you that the penguins fought the good fight, and the Sea Lions let them be. I wish I could tell you that - but Antarctica is no fairy-tale world. "
Is it just me, or does replacing sea lions with BCS conferences and penguins with the MWC and Antartica with college football describe the present pretty well?

jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

mcgregor wrote:
jonnylingo wrote: It was just you. Riley missed everything he threw at. He can run of course. why we don't see the wildcat with him more often, I don't know. But it worked against Utah State and then we never saw it again. Sure glad we used it there but not against TCU???

Riley missed pitta wide open. he missed a running back wide open an dhe missed another receiver I can't remember wide open. He had some zip on the ball on one of his throws but the accuracy was no good. he can run, but as far as passing the ball, he looks horrible.

if max went down, we would be in serious trouble.

i would be shocked if he won the starting job next year. even a freshman in heaps shouldn't have much of a problem beating him out.
Two minor things:

I think you've misunderstood my original post. I'm sure you didn't do it on purpose.

My point was that to me, I felt he brought in a "spark." I spoke nothing of his talent.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong--I am no expert on football--but the Wildcat formation is employed by splitting your QB out, and having another player take the shotgun snap. Thus, Riley did not in fact run a "wildcat" formation. He's simply a running QB.
You understand my point. rilely is not our starting qb. when he goes in with a planned run play it might as well be a 'wildcat'. if you would prefer me to say 'wildcat type' of play to make you feel better, than I can do that in the future.

I saw no spark. At that point all was lost, it was just hey, lets see how he does. it sure shut the morons up behind me yelling put riley in the whole second half.

Wickchad
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Wickchad »

The closest play we have ran to the wildcat was the direct snap to Unga in the U game last year. Riley's running plays are qb draws. I wouldn't mind seeing more of them in games where it matters. I think that Florida did a good job of utilizing Tebow when he was a freshman while they still had Chris Leak. Maybe he could be incorporated more into the offense.

As soon as they put Riley in the game I turned to my wife and said that his 100% completion record was about to take a nose dive...

jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

Wickchad84087 wrote:The closest play we have ran to the wildcat was the direct snap to Unga in the U game last year. Riley's running plays are qb draws. I wouldn't mind seeing more of them in games where it matters. I think that Florida did a good job of utilizing Tebow when he was a freshman while they still had Chris Leak. Maybe he could be incorporated more into the offense.

As soon as they put Riley in the game I turned to my wife and said that his 100% completion record was about to take a nose dive...
Yes and it did. I agree, we should use riley liked florida used tebow in leaks days.

bball
Sophomore

Post by bball »

According to Patterson, he played his defensive starters the entire game, "the defense has a lot of pride," meaning they are not willing to let the subs play and give up a couple of meaningless scores. I found this interesting, maybe because I think he is already thinking about next year, and he wants BYU to fear playing his team, and fear getting embarrassed again.