2022-23 Season

BYU Cougars on the court.
byufan4ever
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: 2022-23 Season

Post by byufan4ever »

BYU got off to a horrible start against SMC and made a valiant effort towards the end, but it was too little too late. SMC is a good defensive team, but BYU really struggled finding good shots all game long. The refs called a T and a Flag 1 that both should have just been a common foul...Saunders had the highest PER and I'm hoping for big things from him next season. Potential starter, but he really needs to be more consistent and take some big leaps in the offseason to be a main player next season. Waterman struggled yet again and I honestly hope that he's not coming back next season. I watched his Deep Blue video and it's touching...but he honestly barely looks like a D1 player...
BYU SMC (T).PNG

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: 2022-23 Season

Post by BoiseBYU »

The team never quit on themselves or Pope. Some off season hopes: Atiki learns how to score around the basket and can keep his feet when he rebounds. Pope gets a real center. Saunders ups his three point shooting. Hall too. Actually Pope gets two centers. Hall ups his free throw shooting. If Waterman and Robinson want playing time, their shooting need to improve. The team needs to do better on inbounds plays. I fear the B12 is going to be a brutal introduction for us without these and other changes.