Unpopular Opinion

BYU Cougars on the court.
jadesroom
Freshman
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Unpopular Opinion

Post by jadesroom »

I've heard that Lohner is now going to leave. The source is someone more Credible than Cougarboard

jadesroom
Freshman

Post by jadesroom »

The media tweets have started. I guess my source was right.

Gunk
Over-Achiever

Post by Gunk »

Pope lost his assistant to a lateral move and two returning starters. All is not well with Pope.

My current impression of Pope is that he’s a great, optimistic raw-raw guy, but not an X’s and O’s guy. The revolving door of talent, stagnant offense, and losses to poor teams indicates such.

Kolby Lee is a great example. First year under Pope, Lee is singing Pope’s praises and even has Pope at his wedding. Pope runs off and gets all googly-eyed for Haarms (extremely overrated) and Harward, leaving Lee, the guy that held the fort down at center for half a season till Childs returned, at the end of the bench. Haarms could do nothing against the Zags (too soft) but Lee hung 10+ on them. For a guy that supposedly love stats, Pope forgot the biggest one and left Lee out to dry. Lee leaves because…well…the coach that praised him and trusted him before ditched him. We sure could of used Lee this last season.

We would of gone dancing if we had Lee regardless of the Baxter and Harward injuries. Lohner could of played in position with Fous at the 4.

Pope is too fascinated with the shiny and new.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
nuk13
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by nuk13 »

Gunk wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:41 pm Pope lost his assistant to a lateral move and two returning starters. All is not well with Pope.

My current impression of Pope is that he’s a great, optimistic raw-raw guy, but not an X’s and O’s guy. The revolving door of talent, stagnant offense, and losses to poor teams indicates such.

Kolby Lee is a great example. First year under Pope, Lee is singing Pope’s praises and even has Pope at his wedding. Pope runs off and gets all googly-eyed for Haarms (extremely overrated) and Harward, leaving Lee, the guy that held the fort down at center for half a season till Childs returned, at the end of the bench. Haarms could do nothing against the Zags (too soft) but Lee hung 10+ on them. For a guy that supposedly love stats, Pope forgot the biggest one and left Lee out to dry. Lee leaves because…well…the coach that praised him and trusted him before ditched him. We sure could of used Lee this last season.

We would of gone dancing if we had Lee regardless of the Baxter and Harward injuries. Lohner could of played in position with Fous at the 4.

Pope is too fascinated with the shiny and new.
I agree. Pope should have worked hard to keep Lee. We'd have won more games and at least won the first NIT game.