PAC12 game

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

PAC12 game

Post by EM_Puma »

All have seen Tweet at bottom about Washington having reached out to BYU for a game this Saturday.

I like Casey Adam's response

How can PAC12 opt out of the contracts that were set with BYU vs UT, ASU & Stanford saying its was force majeure and now suddenly say they can play under some new covenants? I think it's a bunch of BS.

I honestly don't see BYU adhering to the same COVID reporting/testing framework of the PAC12 just to schedule a game at this point and I agree with them.
Attachments
Kyle Bonagura.JPG
Kyle Bonagura.JPG (18.75 KiB) Viewed 3134 times

KingCoug
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: PAC12 game

Post by KingCoug »

Another good one...

Capture.PNG

Why BYU isn't 'Ducking' at the Opportunity to Play Washington
https://www.si.com/college/byu/news/why ... washington

"What we're not going to do is start scheduling unintelligently." - Danny White, UCF Athletic Director
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

I think BYU would be open to all of the PAC12's ridiculous requirements, provided that the PAC12 or PAC12 team agree to a buyout in the event they cancel to play a conference game instead.

The buyout, IMHO, would not be anything draconian, but enough to recoup lost $$ on doing PAC12 compliant COVID tests, travel booked, accomodations paid for, etc., just so BYU isn't taking on all of the financial risk of the PAC12 policies.

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

I simply do not like the negativism associated with BYU not agreeing to play a game that could be dropped on Thursday without any compensation. It almost looks like our detractors have been looking for something to hang their hats on and now they're jumping all over this.

It bothered me today that Hans Olsen, a BYU alum and local radio host, said that if this game becomes a viable option that BYU will retain a "black-eye" for not having accepted Washington's offer. He expressed that it was lame for BYU to declare that the university gave off the team the Thanksgiving weekend seeing that they had no games scheduled. I TOTALLY disagree with his statement and lost some respect for him.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

What a shocker!

IF TH was really on top of things, he should have agreed to play UW knowing this is exactly what would happen and then we might have picked up some sympathy votes from the selection committee.

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

Interesting. All I can say is I hope they play the game and SDSU wins. They lose and so does BYU.

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

So Colorado is ducking BYU?

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

No one is going to play BYU. They don't wont to legitimize BYU in any way. As long as they can complain about BYU's schedule, they can keep them out of the NY6 games. If BYU goes to a pac 12 stadium and does to them what they did to Boise state, it will show everyone how good this team really is and they will have to let them into the NY6 which is the last thing any of the powers of NCAA football want.