BYU vs Santa Clara

BYU Cougars on the court.
EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

BYU vs Santa Clara

Post by EM_Puma »

Interesting to note that actually it is probable more important to beat Santa Clara and Pepperdine than Gonzaga. If we lose to Gonzaga, we're still on track for the Big Dance. We lose to either of these other team, or tragically both, then it's not so sure. Also, seeding will be affected if we lose to either of two teams, while a win over Gonzaga could improve our seeding, but I doubt that it will hurt where we are currently being projected.

I don't believe BYU is not focused on this game tonight, but once again I'm nervous. Someone tell me I have nothing to worry about.

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: BYU vs Santa Clara

Post by scott715 »

You have nothing to worry about. There you go.

Gunk
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by Gunk »

Wish I could tell you that you have nothing to worry about.

We should beat SC, but it won't be easy. SC edged out SMC by 1 point. They are a dangerous team. I'm glad it's at the MC, it makes be feel more confident.

You're right in that the SC and Pepperdine games matter the most. We can't drop either of those games. If we lose to SC today, we have to beat Gonzaga on Saturday.

Follow me to nowhere twitter.com/gakunkel
EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

:crazy:
scott715 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:46 pm You have nothing to worry about. There you go.
:crazy:

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

Interesting that Santa Clara has 4 players who average double digits in points. I see one hasn't played in as many games, so I don't know if there has been injury problems or not.
Attachments
Santa Clara.JPG

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

Boy, I really hate playing a team that was capable of beating SMC, but has lost 3 games in a row.

Looking at those stats, they have had at least 3 different players score a double/double.
Attachments
Santa Clara-results.JPG

frdbtr
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by frdbtr »

Good news: BYU got the win. Bad news, took them into late in the second half to put this team away at home. I think this team is looking ahead to Gonzaga and has been for the last 2 games. Hope it benefits them in the Gonzaga game and they don't have a hangover against pepperdine.

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

I find it hard to believe that a Mark Pope team would really look past the current team they faced on the schedule. He's better than that.

Now, to explain what the heck went down tonight...(the sound of crickets) :gross:
Last edited by EM_Puma on Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EM_Puma
Pro

Post by EM_Puma »

Strange game. When is the last time we had 3 players with 20+ points? I imagine it's been a long, long time. We had 2 players with double/doubles and yet we, the #1 3-pt shooting team in the nation only hit 3 of 13, which I imagine has to be our lowest output this season. But we won by 10 points. Strange game.

Haws broke his continual games with at least 1 3-pointer. I just can't imagine we only hit 3 3-pt shots and they were made by Childs (2) and Lee (1). Once again, strange game.
Attachments
Santa Clara-20 Feb 2020.JPG
Last edited by EM_Puma on Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

[quote=EM_Puma post_id=258373 time=1582261212 user_id=5420]
Strange game. When is the last time we had 3 players with 20+ points? I imagine it's been a long, long time. We had 2 players with double/doubles and yet we, the #1 3-pt shooting team in the nation only hit 3 of 13, which I imagine has to be our lowest output this season. But we won by 10 points. Strange game.

Haws broke his continual games with at least 1 3-pointer. I just can't image we only hit 3 3-pt shots and they were made by Childs (2) and Lee (1). Once again, strange game.
[/quote

Thanks for posting the stats Em. Strange stats they are too. Too bad Haws missed hitting a 3 but a double double is better for the team. Is this his 2nd in a row. The pros are going to like his assists.