TCU #1

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
byutx
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

TCU #1

Post by byutx »

Hello everybody!

I watch a lot of football. Too much football. This year, I've watched a minimum of 3 games featuring every team in the top 25 except Cincinnati (1 game), Va Tech (2), Pitt (1), West Virginia (2) and Cal (2). (I work very hard to keep my wife happy-usually involves getting up at 6am to clean the house from top to bottom every Saturday morning-what I don't tell her is that I usually can't sleep and am finding something to do to pass the time until 10am mtn)

From my observation and experience with the top programs this year, I think a very strong case can be made that TCU is the best team in the nation looking at them as a whole package. They are a legit top-5 defense, a top 20 offense and special teams. I hope they get a shot in the title game, but I'd settle for a 35-point beat down over an Iowa or Cincinnati. This TCU team is the best MWC team ever.

...and most of them are not seniors... :(

Florwood
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Re: TCU #1

Post by Florwood »

You've seen them and I haven't (other than Saturday :( ), but I believe Utah didn't have a close game all year in 2004, where TCU had a pretty narrow victory over AF. Maybe I'd be willing to revisit this at the end of the year...

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Florwood wrote: I believe Utah didn't have a close game all year in 2004, where TCU had a pretty narrow victory over AF...
4-point win @ Clemson in a rainstorm.
3-point win @ Air Force in a snowstorm.

Pretty darn good every other time.
TCU fans are about 100% sure that their offense this year is the best they've seen in a long time, and much better than last year's.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by hawkwing »

Mars wrote:
Florwood wrote: I believe Utah didn't have a close game all year in 2004, where TCU had a pretty narrow victory over AF...
4-point win @ Clemson in a rainstorm.
3-point win @ Air Force in a snowstorm.

Pretty darn good every other time.
TCU fans are about 100% sure that their offense this year is the best they've seen in a long time, and much better than last year's.
Both of them agree???

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

hawkwing wrote:
Mars wrote: TCU fans are about 100% sure that their offense this year is the best they've seen in a long time, and much better than last year's. [/color]
Both of them agree???
All three of them.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
jonnylingo
All Star
Fan Level: Don't Like BYU

Post by jonnylingo »

I think TCU would struggle against defenses like Alabama and Florida. I think they would beat Texas and most the other teams in the top 10 though. I am not very impressed with their offense and don't believe it pulls enough weight to win against a really good defense, unless they can create scoring turnovers on defense like they did against us.