Hype vs Respect

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
E-Zone15
BLUEshirt
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Hype vs Respect

Post by E-Zone15 »

KingCoug wrote:
frdbtr wrote:I have not met even one BYU fan who is "satisfied with losing". I have met fans who look at what happened on Saturday with disappointment but the reality of the situation is, we have lost 3 of our best players on offense and defense and still have a shot at a double digit win season. How many teams in the nation, with our schedule this year can say that? Maybe Ohio state and Alabama? This year is turning out to be a pleasant surprise IMO because when we lost Taysom Hill, I expected the growing pains of breaking in Tanner Mangum were going to set us back to a 6-7 win year.
I didn't say "satisfied with losing." I said perpetually satisfied with a 10 or 11 win season and a Top 25 spot.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

What BYU needs is fans like you to donate $40 to $50 million a year so they have a better chance at meeting YOUR expectations. That would put BYU on the same footing as the top half of P5 schools for revenue. Then maybe they could start to get the facilities also up to the same level as the top half of P5 schools also. Which might help with recruiting, where BYU could maybe start pulling in a few top 30 classes every so often.

Or to really dumb down their schedules (play 1 P5 schools in the regular season), so they can do what Boise St has done. The 2 years Boise St went undefeated they only played one P5 school, in 2006 it was Oregon St (also played Oklahoma in the Bowl) and 2009 it was Oregon. I also want to add in 2006 Oregon St was the second game of the year, the first was a tune up game against Cal St-Sacramento and in 2009 the first game was against Oregon. Why do I bring this up? Because it was smart scheduling, Boise St had all off season to game plan for these games and went into them as healthy as possible.

Fun fact since Boise St has joined the MWC, they have yet to go undefeated in MWC play:
2011- lost to TCU
2012- lost to San Diego St
2013- lost to @Fresno St and @San Diego St
2014- lost to @Air Force

This year could be the year they do it, the MWC stinks this year, MWC OOC wins this year:
Week #1-
Southern Utah
UC Davis
New Hampshire
Abilene Christian
Morgan St
Savannah St
San Diego
Mississippi Valley St
Colorado
Washington

Wyoming lost to North Dakota (not even North Dakota St)

Week #2-
None

Week #3-
Idaho St
UC Davis

The MWC is 2-21 against the FBS and 10-1 against the FCS after 3 weeks.

I pick BYU to win every week, but I also understand when BYU plays most P5 schools, the P5 school will have better recruits and more depth. BYU's 1's often are pretty comparable, when you get to the 2's, BYU's starts falling behind and 3's is normally a total drop off. Thus, team health is normally a large factor in how BYU's season goes.

:lol: