Thank you Spurs!

Discussion for professional sporting events/teams and players.

This would be a great place to discuss the Super Bowl, the NBA Playoffs or whatever else.
mizzoucoug
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Thank you Spurs!

Post by mizzoucoug »

for beating the crap out of Team Stack and temporarily slowing down the GOAT discussion as it relates to LBJ.

God bless Texas!
Last edited by mizzoucoug on Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ungoy
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Thank you Spurs!

Post by Ungoy »

I'm very happy that the Heat lost. Now I can stop hearing about LeBron for a while.

Interesting that Kawhi Leonard got Finals MVP as well. Great for him, but it's sad to see Jimmer riding the pine in comparison when he regularly took it to Leonard in college.

It just makes me sad to see Leonard doing so well in comparison to Jimmer. Nothing against him personally.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

Ungoy wrote:I'm very happy that the Heat lost. Now I can stop hearing about LeBron for a while.

Interesting that Kawhi Leonard got Finals MVP as well. Great for him, but it's sad to see Jimmer riding the pine in comparison when he regularly took it to Leonard in college.

It just makes me sad to see Leonard doing so well in comparison to Jimmer. Nothing against him personally.
I think if Jimmer were on a TEAM like the Spurs, he would shine.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
Ungoy
All-American

Post by Ungoy »

I'm completely with you there. Jimmer's definitely had the short end of the stick.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

In the NBA, more than any other major pro-sport, an individual's success is largely a function of the fit between that individual's skill set and the team's philosophy and other personnel.

Kawhi Leonard got a great fit for him and his skill set in going to the Spurs. Jimmer has been, well.....Jimmered when it comes to finding the right situation for his skill set.

nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

I have just about quit the NBA because of l. james and k. bryant. For me they don't come near the old stars. They seem to be pushed in my face all the time, Duncan is not. Therefor I also thank the Spurs for kicking the pants of the designated best team in the league. Congratulations to Leonard especially. What were his and Jimmers stats during their playing days? I know they played 2 different positions but I'd still like to see a comparison. I think if he'd been on the Spurs he'd have done much better.

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

I'm a longtime Spurs fan so I'm obviously delighted with the win. But it's really great to see the way that they win. The way they pass the ball is a thing of beauty. And their GM/staff does such a great job of finding the right players (both from a skills and people fit) for their system.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins
nuk13
All-American

Post by nuk13 »

James didn't stay out of the limelight very long. Now I hope the spurs and anybody else beats the cavs too. I just don't like the nba picking stars that can hardly do anything wrong.

Brayden Green
Over-Achiever

Post by Brayden Green »

Schmoe wrote:
Ungoy wrote:I'm very happy that the Heat lost. Now I can stop hearing about LeBron for a while.

I think if Jimmer were on a TEAM like the Spurs, he would shine.
That would be my dream. All credit to Kawhi though. He puts in tons of work. I've been a Spurs/Jazz fan since David Robinson and Stockton/Malone. Would love to see Jimmer shine as a Spur, but we are pretty stacked. Maybe next year when Manu retires. I can just picture Kawhi bringing him in, like Tony did to Boris.

When Brayden posts Kalani be like: