#freejimmer Kings Add Another PG/SG--Jason Terry

Discussion for professional sporting events/teams and players.

This would be a great place to discuss the Super Bowl, the NBA Playoffs or whatever else.
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: #freejimmer Kings Add Another PG/SG--Jason Terry

Post by Ddawg »

"Jimmer Fredette to join Bulls as 13th player"

Former BYU star, bought out by Kings, agrees to sign, will add scoring, 3-point shooting

By Teddy Greenstein, Chicago Tribune reporter
5:32 p.m. CST, March 1, 2014

DALLAS — The legend of Jimmer Fredette was hatched in Glens Falls, N.Y., where family members predicted NBA greatness not long after he sank his first 3-pointer — at age 5.

He developed into the national player of the year at BYU and was taken 10th overall in the 2011 draft. But the Kings bought out his contract less than three years later, and Fredette will join the Bulls as their 13th player.

Fredette officially cleared waivers Saturday and has agreed to sign with the Bulls for a prorated portion of the veteran’s minimum contract, sources said. Fredette is shooting a career-best 49.3 percent from 3-point range and is expected to attend Sunday's matinee against the Knicks.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ba ... 0284.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

urroner
Heisman Winner
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by urroner »

On Jimmer's behalf, I was frustrated with the way the Kings clipped his wings, even though he flew when given a chance, but just when he would start to bust out and become a Jonathan Livingston Seagull, the powers that be would jerk him back him and made him fight for scrapes.

Hopefully with the Bulls, he light up the court by burning 3's and a bushel and a peck of assists, something which many said he never did in college. Burro sphincters every last one of them.

BTW, for the plebes and the unwashed out there, as is intuitively obvious to even the most casual observer, "burro" is simply another name for an "ass" and "sphincter" is another name for a "hole." For those who need me to draw a even more clear picture, here it is: :utard:

Where the hell am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

"Can Tom Thibodeau Resurrect Jimmer Fredette's Career?"

By Zach Buckley , National NBA Featured Columnist
Feb 28, 2014

Between coach Tom Thibodeau's mastery of the defensive end and the fading pulse of his perimeter attack, Jimmer Fredette couldn't dream of a better NBA home than the Chicago Bulls.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Jimmer suits up as a Bull. I luv it!!!

POSTED MARCH 02, 2014
Jimmer Fredette makes Bulls debut after signing for rest of season

BEN GOLLIVER, CHICAGO BULLS

Jimmer Fredette made his debut for the Bulls on Sunday shortly after signing with Chicago for the rest of the season.

http://nba.si.com/2014/03/02/jimmer-fre ... ign-agree/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SpiffCoug
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by SpiffCoug »

Congrats to Jimmer for landing with a new team. Hopefully this new team and organization will be very different than his previous one. So far, they're saying all the right things.

For whatever reason, the Kings' coaches and organization were obsessed with what Jimmer couldn't do. They seemed to resent the fact that he wasn't a lock-down defender - as if Jimmer had somehow duped them into thinking he was a two-way player and when he arrived he was primarily an offensive player.

The Kings never saw past his liabilities. Which is ironic coming from a team that was in the bottom quint-tile of defense in the association. They were bad on defense when Jimmer on the bench too. Yet somehow his defensive liabilities were enough to keep him not in the regular rotation; but other players' struggles on defense weren't held against them to the same degree. It was an odd double standard.

The Bulls seem to be willing to work with what Jimmer can do for them and worry less about what he can't do.

On an unrelated note, I hate when the NBA goes partial Hispanic on us. Jimmer was wearing a "Los Bulls" jersey. Is it that hard to make it "Los Torros"? They do the same thing with "Los Spurs." Either go all in or all out. Going halfway looks dumb.

Do or do not. There is no try.

BYU PER W/L Since 1972: 432-76 (.850)
(8.4x
YDS)+(330xTD)+(100xCOM)-(200xINT)
..................ATT
SpiffCoug's posts are BB-8 approved!
Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Jimmer scored his first bucket faster than Michael scored his first points as a Bull. That's serious trivia. LOL!

"Jimmer Fredette Already Broke A Chicago Bulls Record Held By Michael Jordan"
by Eric Goldschein
11:04 am, March 3rd, 2014

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/jimmer-fr ... el-jordan/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ungoy
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Ungoy »

I made the mistake of arguing with a few trolls on KSL's facebook post about Jimmer joining the Bulls. It seems that the terms Jimmer hater and Ute fan, as far as the state of Utah is concened, are synonymous. I's amazing how invested they are in Jimmer failing. I'm truly glad that he didn't come to Utah. Not only do I not trust Jazz management to develop him adequately, but I know the welcome he would get from the part of the Jazz fan base comprised of :utard: fans. He's better off in Chicago, and I think he'll flourish under Tom Thibodeau.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Jimmer must be living right. Personally, I was hoping the Spurs or Celtics would pick Jimmer up. I did not look at the Bulls. I was wrong.

Now - I think the Bulls signing was "golden." A match made perfect for Jimmer. The Coach Tom Thibo and the GM are excited to put Jimmer's skills to work. Watch, Jimmer will flourish. He is more hungry now than when he came out of college. He's definitely got an internal chip and something to prove.

Mark your calendars for Sat, March 15th. The Bulls travel to No. CA and play the Sucko Kings. Think Jimmer is aware of that game? You bet. Think he'll light the Kings up? I'd bet on it.

Jimmer has been waiting for a great opportunity like this. He will not take it for granted.

Ddawg
All Star

Post by Ddawg »

Kings @ Bulls today @ 8pm ET. I hope Jimmer gets some minutes on the court. I'd like to see him light his old team up - for a min. of 10 pts. Sweet revenge.