Changing Word of Wisdom Rumor

Feel free to discuss appropriate non-BYU/Sports related topics here. We ask you to respect other users, the Church, avoid soapbox postings, and keep it clean.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Changing Word of Wisdom Rumor

Post by scott715 »

hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Re: Changing Word of Wisdom Rumor

Post by hawkwing »

:lol:

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

The only change any predicted or had any idea of was the change to two-hour church. That was only because it was a piloted program and many knew people who were already doing it in Idaho, Utah, and Arizona.

No one saw the changes in ministering coming.
No one saw the changes in Melchizedek Priesthood coming.
No one saw the changes in YM/YW age structures coming.
No one saw the changes in temple worker requirements coming.

and on, and on, and on.

Unless the rumor is of some piloted program, I immediately dismiss it out of hand. Church administration is really really REALLY good at keeping these things close to the vest.

CrimsonCoug
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by CrimsonCoug »

...Maybe sometimes TOO good at keeping things close to the vest. What's the temple worker requirement change? I hadn't heard that one. In fact, I tried to search for it on the church website and still couldn't find it. What's the scoop?

The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited to the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were and ask, "Why Not?" -JFK & SWK
snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

CrimsonCoug wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:02 pm ...Maybe sometimes TOO good at keeping things close to the vest. What's the temple worker requirement change? I hadn't heard that one. In fact, I tried to search for it on the church website and still couldn't find it. What's the scoop?
Nutshell:
-Mothers with dependent children at home can now be temple workers (couldn't before)--this put an end to a big point of friction in our stake (really close to Payson temple), where we are constantly being told how badly the temple needs workers to be called, but please don't submit names of moms with kids in the home.
-can use cell phones in temple @ temple office to process names/ordinance requests
-no longer a designated "veil worker" calling

http://www.ldsliving.com/Church-Adjusts ... rs/s/90365

byufan4ever
Heisman Winner

Post by byufan4ever »

There is some sort of Primary pilot program that will be going on in my stake. I received an email from the Church and a letter was read in our sacrament meeting a few weeks ago. I don't know the details and both of my kids are now out of the Primary so it doesn't really involve me.
The correlation research division at church headquarters is conducting a program assessment of the primary. Our stake has been selected to participate in this assessment. This will include focus groups, video recordings of primary classes and singing time and interviews with primary children.

"life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it." - Charles Swindoll
NCAA Tournament > empty wins